Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Administrator responsibilities Post 302104123 by TheEngineer on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 01:29:17 PM
Old 01-23-2007
Dear magasem

really it depends on what system you might have, but generally speaking you should be able to manage the following:

1- AIX installation and maintenance and all the required upgrading.
2- configuring and adding any new hardware or any type of peripherals to your system and monitor their working status.
3- monitoring the system performance during peak hours and suggest and recommend upgrading if bottlenecks occurs.
4- storage management and monitoring the resources' usage periodically.
5- the most important, backing up the overall VG's and the ability to restore if required.

and many more depending on what your system is doing.

Regards;

TheEngineer

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sysadmins: your top 10 duties/responsibilities?

For you Unix sysadmins: what are you 10 most common duties/responsibilities as sysadmins and what would you suggest a newbie sysadmin do to learn them? For instance, say adding/deleting users is one of your most common duties. So a newbie would be wise to get familiar with useradd/userdel,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatkins679
15 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help me in responsibilities of solaris admin

Dear friends I have a doubt 4 months back i've completed my Solaris course now i'am searching for job on 2+ years experience please anyone tell me what are the common responsibilities of solaris admin means when i'll get a job what is the common daily work for me in office as a 2+ years... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
7 Replies

6. Linux

Administrator responsibilities, in case of power outage?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could share some of your knowledge, in the event of a power outage. Let presume you are on duty and you get a call at midnight because half of your cabinets have no power, air conditioning is down and you deal with a ton of 500 error messages on your boxes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
9 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies
K5LOGIN(5)							   MIT Kerberos 							K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
k5login - Kerberos V5 acl file for host access DESCRIPTION
The .k5login file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of the Kerberos principals. Anyone with valid tickets for a principal in the file is allowed host access with the UID of the user in whose home directory the file resides. One common use is to place a .k5login file in root's home directory, thereby granting system administrators remote root access to the host via Kerberos. EXAMPLES
Suppose the user alice had a .k5login file in her home directory containing the following line: bob@FOOBAR.ORG This would allow bob to use Kerberos network applications, such as ssh(1), to access alice's account, using bob's Kerberos tickets. Let us further suppose that alice is a system administrator. Alice and the other system administrators would have their principals in root's .k5login file on each host: alice@BLEEP.COM joeadmin/root@BLEEP.COM This would allow either system administrator to log in to these hosts using their Kerberos tickets instead of having to type the root pass- word. Note that because bob retains the Kerberos tickets for his own principal, bob@FOOBAR.ORG, he would not have any of the privileges that require alice's tickets, such as root access to any of the site's hosts, or the ability to change alice's password. SEE ALSO
kerberos(1) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 K5LOGIN(5)