Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Administrator responsibilities Post 302104038 by magasem on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 05:29:44 AM
Old 01-23-2007
Administrator responsibilities

HELLOW ALL

Can any one tell me what are the Requirements for any system administrator to be a system administrators (After taking all the courses for IBM or the the track that requires only during your job).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sysadmins: your top 10 duties/responsibilities?

For you Unix sysadmins: what are you 10 most common duties/responsibilities as sysadmins and what would you suggest a newbie sysadmin do to learn them? For instance, say adding/deleting users is one of your most common duties. So a newbie would be wise to get familiar with useradd/userdel,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatkins679
15 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help me in responsibilities of solaris admin

Dear friends I have a doubt 4 months back i've completed my Solaris course now i'am searching for job on 2+ years experience please anyone tell me what are the common responsibilities of solaris admin means when i'll get a job what is the common daily work for me in office as a 2+ years... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
7 Replies

6. Linux

Administrator responsibilities, in case of power outage?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could share some of your knowledge, in the event of a power outage. Let presume you are on duty and you get a call at midnight because half of your cabinets have no power, air conditioning is down and you deal with a ton of 500 error messages on your boxes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
9 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies
USERLIST(5)							AFS File Reference						       USERLIST(5)

NAME
UserList - Defines privileged administrators DESCRIPTION
The UserList file lists the AFS usernames of the system administrators authorized to issue privileged bos, vos, and backup commands that affect the local server machine or the volumes housed on it. It must reside in the /etc/openafs/server directory on every server machine. Although the UserList file is in ASCII format, do not use a text editor to alter it. Instead always use the appropriate commands from the bos command suite: o The bos adduser command to add a user to the file. o The bos listusers command to display the contents of the file. o The bos removeuser command to remove a user from the file. Although it is theoretically possible to list different administrators in the UserList files on different server machines, doing so can cause unanticipated authorization failures and is not recommended. In cells that use the Update Server to distribute the contents of the /etc/openafs/server directory, it is customary to edit only the copy of the file stored on the system control machine. Otherwise, edit the file on each server machine individually. SEE ALSO
bos_adduser(8), bos_listusers(8), bos_removeuser(8), upclient(8), upserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 USERLIST(5)