Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix File creation time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix File creation time Post 302104030 by tinivt on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 04:52:11 AM
Old 01-23-2007
Java Unix File creation time

IS there any command to find the file creation time in Unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation time

i have to delete some files that were created on a particular date. is there any way to do that without affecting the files that were modified on the same date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the creation date/time of a file in unix

Hi, I need the unix command which returns only the file name and its creation date/time in unix. I tried ls -l <filename>. But that is giving other details also which I do not want. Could anyone help me out? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unipepper
6 Replies

3. Programming

File creation time

Hi Everybody, Is their any functions to find out the file creation time in 'C' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation time in seconds

Hi All, Cany any one help me in solving this.. Problem statement: I have a requirement to find the time from which there are no files created in a given directory. For this I am assuming that I need to get the file creation time in seconds, then the current time in seconds using `date +%s`.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chary
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file creation time

Hello folks, I have a file, but it change every seconds, i use stats command to check its creation time, but it shows access,modify and change time same. Is there any other way to see the file creation date/time? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About Unix File creation time

Hello, I registered and recreated this thread because everywhere we can see "It's not possible to get the file creation time in UNIX fs". This is not true any more with Ext4! Unfortunately, there is not user-level tools that allow you to read those information. You have to use a low level tool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaellafond
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

File creation time

Hi Everybody, I would like to know file creation date and time in linux. I went throgh google and forums got some information but from that i am not sure for my question. Please check the following information. "ls -l" ==> but it is just gives the last modified time and date of the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File creation time in UNIX

Hi All, Can any one help how to long list today's files in unix.i.e files which are have been created today should be able to "ls -ltr" .I should be able to apply the "ls -ltr" command on today's files(should not include all the files which were there in the directory). Thanks in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time take between first and last file creation

Hi , In a folder I have multiple files. I want total time taken to write those files. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to go for it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp file creation time

Hi Team, Could you please let me know ,how to find the file creation date time in SFTP server. i tred like , ls -ltr command only availble and not available like ls --full-time test.txt please help? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
7 Replies
FILECTIME(3)								 1							      FILECTIME(3)

filectime - Gets inode change time of file

SYNOPSIS
int filectime (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Gets the inode change time of a file. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. RETURN VALUES
Returns the time the file was last changed, or FALSE on failure. The time is returned as a Unix timestamp. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A filectime(3) example <?php // outputs e.g. somefile.txt was last changed: December 29 2002 22:16:23. $filename = 'somefile.txt'; if (file_exists($filename)) { echo "$filename was last changed: " . date("F d Y H:i:s.", filectime($filename)); } ?> ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Upon failure, an E_WARNING is emitted. NOTES
Note Note: In most Unix filesystems, a file is considered changed when its inode data is changed; that is, when the permissions, owner, group, or other metadata from the inode is updated. See also filemtime(3) (which is what you want to use when you want to create "Last Modified" footers on web pages) and fileatime(3). Note Note also that in some Unix texts the ctime of a file is referred to as being the creation time of the file. This is wrong. There is no creation time for Unix files in most Unix filesystems. Note Note that time resolution may differ from one file system to another. Note The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache(3) for more details. Tip As of PHP 5.0.0, this function can also be used with some URL wrappers. Refer to "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" to determine which wrappers support stat(3) family of functionality. SEE ALSO
filemtime(3). PHP Documentation Group FILECTIME(3)