Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Limit Folder Size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Limit Folder Size Post 302103322 by tisdmin on Wednesday 17th of January 2007 08:36:15 PM
Old 01-17-2007
Computer Limit Folder Size

Is there a way to limit a certain folder size(e.g. Documents, Desktop)?
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit size of the file

How do I limit size of a file to 1 MB or something like that under Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/Solaris has any limit on folder size ?

Hi, Does Linux/Solaris has any limit on folder size or number of files per folder? Thanks Bache Gowda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

3. Solaris

File size limit

I want to have a permanent file created - and limit the size that this file can grow.. I want a circular file.. ie max size of file is 10 mb.. and if any new data written to file the oldest data removed.. How can I do this? I am on solaris 9 x86 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

4. AIX

file size limit

Can anybody help me? How to increase file size limit in aix 5.2? I have already specified in /etc/security/limits file : default: fsize = -1 core = 2097151 cpu = -1 data = -1 rss = -1 stack = -1 nofiles = 2000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Size Limit

Hi, I have a problem writing or copying a file 2GB or larger to either the second or third disk on my C8000. I've searched this forum and found some good information on this but still nothing to solve the problem. I'm running hpux 11i, JFS3.3 and disk version 4 (from fstyp) on all 3 disks. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HaidoodFaulkauf
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I limit the size of a directory?

Hi, I am not root, but I need to limit the size of my directory, so that it cannot contain more than 200M of stuff inside. Is this possible? Also, how can I see the total size of that directory? If I do ls -ltrd, it does not give me the size of all the files inside the directory. And if I do df... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

7. Linux

Limit directory size

Hello I want to limit the size of a directory; so a user cant copy more staff inside it then 5 Giga for example.. eg. /nfs/temp/jhon size can not increase more that 5Gb I havnt found anything on the net. Is there a way to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate size limit

Hi i configured log rotate for a specific file. /var/log/sauer i configured create a file in logrotate.d # cat /etc/logrotate.d/sauer #this is a logrotate configuration file for msu_ng logs /var/log/sauer { rotate 5 size=1M daily compress ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: modcan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file size limit?

hi, how can I find out what the limit of a file size is on unix? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory size limit

Hey everyone I'm trying to limit the size a directory can be under Solaris 10. I can find plenty of guides to do it for user home directories, ut what I'm after is an absolute limit, regardless of the user. For example: I want /export/example/ to never pass say 5 GB, no matter what user is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
3 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)