Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking how to find port numbers a web server is listening to Post 302102405 by Krrishv on Wednesday 10th of January 2007 07:51:12 AM
Old 01-10-2007
netstat -na |grep LISTEN to find the listening ports in HP-UX,Solaris

netstat -na|grep CONNECTED to find the ports connected in Linux box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Listening On A TCP Port

Hi, Im programming a perl script which will act as a daemon listening on a tcp port (2323) and will take (<stdin>) from the client (im going to use telnet) and run the arguments from (<stdin>) against an program already on the server, which is used to list books in the library at uni. So far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

port not listening..

Hi.. I am using HPux11.0 i want to know if server not listening to a tcp port what should we do to resolve the problem.... in /etc/services tcp port 7108/tcp is mentioned for some perticular application.. while starting that application error is coming could not establish listening address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listening on port for incoming data?

I am not what I would call an experienced programmer. I know some ksh etc.. I need to be able to listening on a port for incoming data on a ultra 10 using solaris 9. Basically all that I need to do at the moment is to log the incoming data on a specific port number. Any ideas on how I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

4. Linux

VNC Server http listening port

Hi All, I'm running RH 9.0 on a PII box with 160MB RAM. Just downloaded RealVNC X86 Linux (version 3.3.7). How can I get the HTTP listening port up ? Thanks, KENT (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that maps to a listening port

On my VPS server I have a port that is open and is listening for a 'status' command when you connect to it to like so... $ telnet host 1900 Trying host... Connected to host. Escape character is '^]'. status QMAIL;OK APACHE;OK HTTPD;OK CRON;OK Wondering if what command I can attempt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Listening to port when no IP address is assigned

Hi Pals Consider a case where the network interface is there and it is connected to a network. Only thing left here is I need to set a static ip/ip though dhcp (though ifconfig) I heard that it is possible to listen even if the ip address is not set. So is there any possibility of an attack over... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithc
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Listening on localhost - cannot connect to host using port 3010

Hi Guys, my issue is - I have people connecting to my hosts from the outside world (for POC testing). There application listens on a port 3010 which is bound to the localhost. Using netstat -an | grep LISTEN it is the only port that is bound - ie: ftp, ssh etc listen on all interfaces. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to check remote server port listening from application.

Hi, I have an application running on HP-UX, from this application I need to findout if the port number. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. Is there any way of doing it using "system()" function or any other? I noticed that nmap, netcat are not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to find if remote n/w port is listening on HP-UX from the binary

Hi, I have an executable running on HP-UX, from this executable I need to findout if the portnumber. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. I can do it by creating socket, connect etc. But is there any other way of doing it using "system()" function or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies

10. AIX

Rpcbind Listening on a Non-Standard Port

Hello, I was trying to find information about below rpcbind issue and how can I fix it so that, it wont happen again. Below is the one of the vulnerability from my security team, RPC service name: portmapper service protocal: udp Portmapper found at: 327xx service port: 327xx ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
2 Replies
PORTMAP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						PORTMAP(8)

NAME
portmap -- RPC program,version to DARPA port mapper SYNOPSIS
portmap [-d] [-v] [-h bindip] DESCRIPTION
Portmap is a server that converts RPC program numbers into DARPA protocol port numbers. It must be running in order to make RPC calls. When an RPC server is started, it will tell portmap what port number it is listening to, and what RPC program numbers it is prepared to serve. When a client wishes to make an RPC call to a given program number, it will first contact portmap on the server machine to determine the port number where RPC packets should be sent. Portmap must be started before any RPC servers are invoked. Portmap uses hosts_access(5) access control by default. Access control patterns may only reference IP addresses. Normally portmap forks and dissociates itself from the terminal like any other daemon. Portmap then logs errors using syslog(3). The following options are available: -d Prevent portmap from running as a daemon, and causes errors and debugging information to be printed to the standard error output. -v Enable verbose logging of access control checks. -h Specify specific IP addresses to bind to for UDP requests. This option may be specified multiple times and is typically necessary when running on a multi-homed host. If no -h option is specified, portmap will bind to INADDR_ANY, which could lead to problems on a multi-homed host due to portmap returning a UDP packet from a different IP address than it was sent to. Note that when specifying IP addresses with -h, portmap will automatically add 127.0.0.1 to the list. SEE ALSO
hosts_access(5), inetd.conf(5), inetd(8), rpcinfo(8) BUGS
If portmap crashes, all servers must be restarted. HISTORY
The portmap command appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD