Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete to end of line with SED Post 302102287 by Glenn Arndt on Tuesday 9th of January 2007 12:32:31 PM
Old 01-09-2007
Here's a sed command to try -- it's supposed to remove HTML tags. I don't know how well it works (I didn't write it).
Code:
sed -e :a -e 's/<[^>]*>//g;/</N;//ba' myfile.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed to end of line

I know this is going to be an easy anwer, but I haven't been able to figure this out - even with the help of the previous posts. I want to go from this PROD USER anon; to this TEST; I have coded a few sed commands, and none of them are getting the job done. anon will not always be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : delete ^M at the end of the line

Hi all, I'm newbi in scripting. could someone tell how to delete the ^M at the end of the linie with an awk command. many thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liliput
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: How to delete from expression to end of line

I have the following line(s) of text in a file: Card: H'00f2 Elapsed Time (day - h:m:s): 0 - 21:14:18.5 I basically want to search for "Elapsed Time", then delete this and everything else to the end of the line. I've tried a lot of different things, but cannot seem to get rid of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtstanley
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete to end of formatted warnings using sed or cut...

hi, i've searched the forums' entries and have tried some of the examples -- to no avial -- this is my first post -- thanks in advance for your help... As part of an installation program -- i'm receiving two(2) extraneous "libcxb WARNING!" statements -- i want to use sed to eliminate the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickkar
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing end of line using SED

Hello Friends, How can I remove the last two values of this line using sed John Carey:507-699-5368:29 Albert way, Edmonton, AL 25638:9/3/90:45900 The result should look like this: John Carey:507-699-5368:29 Albert way, Edmonton, AL 25638 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humkhn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed removing until end of line

All: Can somebody help me out with a sed command, which removes the the first occurance of ')' until the end of the line If I have the following input ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete trailing whitespace from end of each line in column 1 only

Hi All. How can I convert this: ABC_1_1 ABC_1_2 ABC_1_3 into this: ABC_1 1 ABC_1 2 ABC_1 3 I tried this command but it is not working: awk '{sub(/+$/,"\t", $1)}{print}' Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you :wall: Please use code tags when posting data and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain a pattern from specific line to the end.

Gents, I am trying to delete all lines which start with "H" character, but keeping the fist header. Example In the input file I will delete all lines starting from line 8 which contents character "H" to the end of the file. I try sed '8,10000{/^H/d;}' file But as don't know the end... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)							GNU							  GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)