Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to pick distinct records.......... Post 302101700 by blowtorch on Thursday 4th of January 2007 01:39:41 AM
Old 01-04-2007
Use 'sort -u' if your file isn't already sorted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pick Random records from a large file

Hi, I have a huge file say with 2000000 records. The file has 42 fields. I would like to pick randomly 1000 records from this huge file. Can anyone help me how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajithshankar@ho
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

5. Web Development

SQL - Distinct plus more

Hi all, I have an interesting and I am sure simple question for yau'll. Basically this is what I am after: The table: CREATE TABLE places (id INT, city VARCHAR(24), name VARCHAR(24)); The data: id = 1, city = canberra, name = aaron id = 2, city = canberra, name = andrew id = 3, city... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep distinct

Hello, I have a file which looks like: %_SPE_RDP_NUM_ECH(7)*************% %_SPE_RDP_NUM_ECH(70)************% %_SPE_RDP_NUM_ECH(71)************% %_SPE_RDP_NUM_ECH(72)************% %_SPE_RDP_NUM_ECH(8)*************% %_SPE_RDP_NUM_ECH(9)*************% %_SPE_FLUXPREV_PRES1_MT_HT(2)****%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the distinct of a particular field

From the below ps output , I want the distinct values of the third field (ie. I need the distinct PPIDs) $ ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 1 0 0 Nov 10 - 48:49 /etc/init root 1769576 1 0 Nov 10 - 0:07... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polavan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the distinct of these lines

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 I have a text file (error log file) , which has occurences of an error message like ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 8 in tablespace xxxxxThere are around 3000 error messages like this in the error log file. But there are only 7 or 8 distinct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate records of a file on 2 types of records

Hi I am new to shell programming in unix Please if I can provide help. I have a file structure of a header record and "N" detail records. The header record will be the total number of detail records I need to split the file in 2: One for the header Another for all detail records Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcogar
1 Replies
acctprc(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       acctprc(1M)

NAME
acctprc, acctprc1, acctprc2 - process accounting SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/acctprc /usr/lib/acct/acctprc1 [ctmp] /usr/lib/acct/acctprc2 DESCRIPTION
acctprc reads the standard input and converts it to total accounting records (see the tacct record in acct.h(3HEAD)). acctprc divides CPU time into prime time and non-prime time and determines mean memory size (in memory segment units). acctprc then summarizes the tacct records, according to user IDs, and adds login names corresponding to the user IDs. The summarized records are then written to the standard output. acctprc1 reads input in the form described by acct.h(3HEAD), adds login names corresponding to user IDs, then writes for each process an ASCII line giving user ID, login name, prime CPU time (tics), non-prime CPU time (tics), and mean memory size (in memory segment units). If ctmp is given, it should contain a list of login sessions sorted by user ID and login name. If this file is not supplied, it obtains login names from the password file, just as acctprc does. The information in ctmp helps it distinguish between different login names that share the same user ID. From the standard input, acctprc2 reads records in the form written by acctprc1, summarizes them according to user ID and name, then writes the sorted summaries to the standard output as total accounting records. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of acctprc. The acctprc command is typically used as shown below: example% acctprc < /var/adm/pacct > ptacct The acctprc1 and acctprc2s commands are typically used as shown below: example% acctprc1 ctmp </var/adm/pacct example% acctprc2 > ptacct FILES
/etc/passwd system password file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctsh(1M), cron(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Although it is possible for acctprc1 to distinguish among login names that share user IDs for commands run from a command line, it is dif- ficult for acctprc1 to make this distinction for commands invoked in other ways. A command run from cron(1M) is an example of where acct- prc1 might have difficulty. A more precise conversion can be done using the acctwtmp program in acct(1M). acctprc does not distinguish between users with identical user IDs. A memory segment of the mean memory size is a unit of measure for the number of bytes in a logical memory segment on a particular proces- sor. During a single invocation of any given command, the acctprc, acctprc1, and acctprc2 commands can process a maximum of o 6000 distinct sessions o 1000 distinct terminal lines o 2000 distinct login names If at some point the actual number of any one of these items exceeds the maximum, the command will not succeed. SunOS 5.10 15 July 2004 acctprc(1M)