Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: logrotate.conf
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users logrotate.conf Post 302100270 by silicate on Monday 18th of December 2006 11:36:03 AM
Old 12-18-2006
do you have the logrotate setup on a cron job?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set size in logrotate.conf

Hi,guys: recently,i am puzzled by a question .when i create a new file named by /etc/logrotate.d/debug. The cont. is listed as follow: /var/log/debug { rotate 3 missingok notifempty size=2k prerotate /bin/kill -HUP `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: icehero
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

3. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf file

Hi there, I want to rotate the logfiles which are located in /var/log/jboss/tomcat* so I have created a file named as 'tomat' in /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat with the following content. # cat /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat /var/log/jboss/tomcat_access_log*.log { daily nocreate ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Some questions about Logrotate.conf

Hi all, I have to configure the logrotate.conf file on some Linux RedHat servers. So, by default I seen the file is as follow: # see "man logrotate" for details # rotate log files weekly weekly # keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs rotate 4 # create new (empty) log files after rotating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies

7. AIX

Logrotate - /etc/logrotate.conf does't exist

Hi Admins. I have installed logrotate rpm on Aix 6.1. After the installation of rpm, I don't find /etc/logrotate.conf file and /etc/logrotate.d dir . The config file is located in /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf. When I ran logrotate -v /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf I get below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Logrotate.conf

Hey Admins, I have installed logrotate on AIX server. I want to configure it for 1. /var/log/messages – keep 90 days, i.e., weekly rotate 13 2. Syslog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 3. Wtmp – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 4. Sulog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)