Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move Large files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move Large files Post 302099958 by cero on Friday 15th of December 2006 02:03:35 AM
Old 12-15-2006
gzip the files before moving ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A? Any help apreciated! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

4. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
GZFORCE(1)						      General Commands Manual							GZFORCE(1)

NAME
gzforce - force a '.gz' extension on all gzip files SYNOPSIS
gzforce [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
gzforce forces a .gz extension on all gzip files so that gzip will not compress them twice. This can be useful for files with names trun- cated after a file transfer. On systems with a 14 char limitation on file names, the original name is truncated to make room for the .gz suffix. For example, 12345678901234 is renamed to 12345678901.gz. A file name such as foo.tgz is left intact. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), gznew(1), gzmore(1), gzgrep(1), gzdiff(1), gzexe(1) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available in the SUNWgzipS package. GZFORCE(1)