Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move Large files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move Large files Post 302099901 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 14th of December 2006 02:56:48 PM
Old 12-14-2006
Code:
for i in f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 f10 f11 f12 f13 f14 f15 f16
do
   mv $i /destination/"$i"  &
done
wait

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A? Any help apreciated! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

4. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
VIRT-VIEWER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    VIRT-VIEWER(1)

NAME
virt-viewer - display the graphical console for a virtual machine SYNOPSIS
virt-viewer [OPTIONS] -- DOMAIN-NAME|ID|UUID DESCRIPTION
virt-viewer is a minimal tool for displaying the graphical console of a virtual machine. The console is accessed using the VNC or SPICE protocol. The guest can be referred to based on its name, ID, or UUID. If the guest is not already running, then the viewer can be told to wait until is starts before attempting to connect to the console The viewer can connect to remote hosts to lookup the console information and then also connect to the remote console using the same network transport. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted when running "virt-viewer": -h, --help Display command line help summary -V, --version Display program version number -v, --verbose Display information about the connection -c URI, --connect=URI Specify the hypervisor connection URI -w, --wait Wait for the domain to start up before attempting to connect to the console -r, --reconnect Automatically reconnect to the domain if it shuts down and restarts -z PCT, --zoom=PCT Zoom level of the display window in percentage. Range 10-200. -d, --direct Do not attempt to tunnel the console over SSH, even if the main connection URI used SSH. -a, --attach Use libvirt to directly attach to a local display, instead of making a TCP/UNIX socket connection. This avoids the need to authentication with the remote display, if authentication with libvirt is already allowed. This option does not work with remote displays. -f, --full-screen Start with the window maximised to fullscreen --debug Print debugging information -H HOTKEYS, --hotkeys HOTKEYS Override the default hotkey bindings with HOTKEYS. Where HOTKEYS is <action1>=<key1>[+<key2>][,<action2>=<key3>[+<key4>]]. Key-names are case-insensitive, valid actions are: toggle-fullscreen, release-cursor, smartcard-insert and smartcard-remove. Examples: --hotkeys=toggle-fullscreen=shift+f11,release-cursor=shift+f12 --hotkeys=release-cursor=ctrl+alt Note that hotkeys for which no binding is given are disabled, specifying an empty string disables all hotkeys. -k, --kiosk Start in kiosk mode. In this mode, the application will start in fullscreen with minimal UI. It will prevent the user from quitting or performing any interaction outside of usage of the remote desktop session. Note that it can't offer a complete secure solution by itself. Your kiosk system must have additional configuration and security settings to lock down the OS. In particular, you must configure or disable the window manager, limit the session capabilities, use some restart/watchdog mechanism, disable VT switching etc. --kiosk-quit <never|on-disconnect> By default, when kiosk mode is enabled, virt-viewer will remain open when the connection to the remote server is terminated. By setting kiosk-quit option to "on-disconnect" value, virt-viewer will quit instead. Please note that --reconnect takes precedence over this option, and will attempt to do a reconnection before it quits. EXAMPLES
To connect to the guest called 'demo' running under Xen virt-viewer demo To connect to the guest with ID 7 running under QEMU virt-viewer --connect qemu:///system 7 To wait for the guest with UUID 66ab33c0-6919-a3f7-e659-16c82d248521 to startup and then connect, also reconnecting upon restart of VM virt-viewer --reconnect --wait 66ab33c0-6919-a3f7-e659-16c82d248521 To connect to a remote console using TLS virt-viewer --connect xen://example.org/ demo To connect to a remote host using SSH, lookup the guest config and then make a direct non-tunnelled connection of the console virt-viewer --direct --connect xen+ssh://root@example.org/ demo AUTHOR
Written by Daniel P. Berrange, based on the GTK-VNC example program gvncviewer. BUGS
Report bugs to the mailing list "http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/virt-tools-list" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Red Hat, Inc., and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
virsh(1), "virt-manager(1)", the project website "http://virt-manager.org" perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 VIRT-VIEWER(1)