Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calculator program..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calculator program.. Post 302099883 by reborg on Thursday 14th of December 2006 12:22:52 PM
Old 12-14-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Arndt
Sounds like homework.
I agree Glenn, and that is confirmed by the origin of the post. Closed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculator

I am pretty new to the Unix word, and have created a working calculator script. I have one problem. It doesn't use any decimals, it rounds off to the nearest whole number. 1 #!/bin/ksh 2 while true; do 3 echo -n "Enter the first integer: "; read IN1 4 test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironhead3fan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculator

hi, im new to the unix system and scripting and was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem iv been havin... i want the system to: 1. ask me for a number 2. ask me for a command to use on that number (* + - /) 3. ask me for another number 4. then ask me for another command, if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdougy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Calculator issue

Hello, I'm relatively new to using bc so I could use some help. In this script im working on I want to have the bc function to calculate float numbers for imagemagicks convert charcoal. Below is what I'm talking about. There are no syntax errors but when it outputs the users frames for example 0-10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsells20
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with calculator code

Hi Guys, I found this code in net.. it is working fine.. But can anybody explain me the sed statement used in the code.. echo "Enter the expression:\c" read express eval echo "$express"|sed 's/^/'$precision' \ /'|bc -l|\ sed -n '1,${ /syntax/!{ } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission bit calculator ???

Hi, Does anyone have a UNIX permission bit calculator script that I can use? Basically, am looking for one where I don't have to a ls -l to check the permission on a file or directory. Am looking for a script that will display the permission bits and then just display what those permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simple Calculator

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known/data: Script a simple calculator. In the command line enter the script file /home/etc/mycalc or /home/etc/mycalc 1 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herb bertz
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get my program to run -- GC calculator?

have been trying for a few weeks not to get this program running. I am newer to programming and it has definitely been a challenge. I think my problem arises with my if statement. I can get it to append the name to the new file, but it simply appends the whole sequence to the file rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haley6719
3 Replies
Test::ConsistentVersion(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Test::ConsistentVersion(3pm)

NAME
Test::ConsistentVersion - Ensures a CPAN distribution has consistent versioning. VERSION
This document describes Test::ConsistentVersion version 0.2.3 SYNOPSIS
[In a test file] use Test::More; if ( not $ENV{TEST_AUTHOR} ) { my $msg = 'Author test. Set $ENV{TEST_AUTHOR} to a true value to run.'; plan( skip_all => $msg ); } eval "use Test::ConsistentVersion"; plan skip_all => "Test::ConsistentVersion required for checking versions" if $@; Test::ConsistentVersion::check_consistent_versions(); DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this module is to make it easy for other distribution authors to have consistent version numbers within the modules (as well as readme file and changelog) of the distribution. INTERFACE
check_consistent_versions check_consistent_versions() Checks the various versions throughout the distribution to ensure they are all consistent. DIAGNOSTICS
Nothing so far. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
Test::ConsistentVersion requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
Test::Builder autodie Optional Test::Pod::Content For ensuring the module version matches that referenced in the POD. INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-consistentversion@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
Glenn Fowler "<cebjyre@cpan.org>" Thanks to <http://www.hiivesystems.com>. LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009, Glenn Fowler "<cebjyre@cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-12 Test::ConsistentVersion(3pm)