Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to add patches to solaris 10? Post 302098979 by duke0001 on Thursday 7th of December 2006 05:04:03 PM
Old 12-07-2006
kingdbag:

I have followed your advise to go to sunsolve.sun.com. Through patch finder, I couldn't find two patches. Then I went up to matalink to downloaded two patches(p3761843_10103_SOLARIS64.zip and p4163208_10103_SOLARIS64.zip). Then I used code like this:

unzip patch_id

3761843 generated a cipo file and 4163208 generated a folder as 4163208.
I used these commands to add patch

1. cd 4163208
2. opatch apply
error message is opatch not found. Then I did this

patchadd patch_id for 3761843. system told me it could find path //..

Could you please be specific on how to add patches to solaris 10? Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Solaris and Cluster Patches

Simple question: After applying a cluster patch to a sun solaris box I am left with a root volume 81% full. I could run through the hassle of resizing the slices which is way too much work for a Ultra 5 running DNS only. Is there a way to clean up the /var/sadm/pkg area, aka dump the save info. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 patches

"Solaris 10 is here and so are the latest patches. For a limited time SunSolve will provide access to all Solaris 10 patches. Download the latest Solaris 10 patches using Patchfinder and find updated support content using the SunSolve Knowledgebase. After this promotion ends, Solaris 10 security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busta
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Patches

Is there any way to show the patches that have been installed in what order, or by date? For example, we have servers, we run the sun patch cluster on them every so often. but then we have some 1zee 2zee's which id like to identify. do i ahve to go into each directory and look at time stamps?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to update patches to Solaris 10?

I am seeking help to add patches to Solaris 10 on 64 bit Sparc server. This is to prepare the server for the installation of Oracle 10g. Please list command and specific directory that patches should be added to. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Recommended Patches

Does anyone get the following error message below when trying to download solaris 10 recommended patch? End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Patches not running

Has anyone ever seen the patch cluster just hang and do nothing? When I run in debug mode, here is where it hangs... I tried clearing out my profile, running in different shells, I have no idea whats going on, any help is appreciated... export/home/unixadm/10_Recommended>ksh -x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris patches

Hi Friends... can some one tel me any tool for analysing patch on solaris, then download n install it wit all dependency patches???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Patches

Hello all, I wanted to check in Solaris 10 machine whether it has got all the required patches . Is there any way to find out. Rgds Rj (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Patches

Can anyone link me to where I can get solaris 10 patches, since now sunsolve.sun.com redirects to some useless oracle support page? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Understanding Patches on Solaris-10

Hi, From security guy, I was told to install below three patches on Solaris-10 (Sparc) server 120272-31 124393-12 125731-11 Here is output from server - # showrev -p | grep 120272-31 # showrev -p | grep 120272 Patch: 120011-14 Obsoletes: 116781-02, 117447-01, 117463-05, 118371-10,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
DH_QUILT_UNPATCH(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_QUILT_UNPATCH(1)

NAME
dh_quilt_unpatch - unapply patches listed in debian/patches/series SYNOPSIS
dh_quilt_unpatch [debhelper options] DESCRIPTION
dh_quilt_unpatch simply calls quilt pop -a after having set the environment variable QUILT_PATCHES to debian/patches. All patches listed in debian/patches/series are then unapplied in the current directory. The command does not fail if the patches have already been unapplied. You can use another directory instead of debian/patches by setting (and exporting) the environment variable QUILT_PATCH_DIR. EXAMPLES
dh_quilt_unpatch is usually called indirectly in a rules file via the dh command. %: dh $@ --with quilt It can also be direcly called in the clean rule. clean: dh_testdir dh_testroot [ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) clean dh_quilt_unpatch dh_clean NOTES
This tool is useless if you use the source package format 3.0 (quilt). Consider switching to this source format if you haven't done it yet. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7), dh(1). This program is meant to be used together with debhelper. AUTHOR
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-04 DH_QUILT_UNPATCH(1)