Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change the IP address on SUN Solaris? Post 302098895 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 7th of December 2006 08:06:41 AM
Old 12-07-2006
if you reboot your maschine, the config is gone! look at my first post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to change IP of my SUN solaris machine

Hello, I want to change the IP of my SUN solaris machine but i am not bale to find the right way. I tried the following steps: 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts and change IP address for host listed in /etc/hostname.le0 2) ifconfig le0 down 3) ifconfig le0 inet NEW_IP_ADDR netmask + broadcast + ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to change IP address

Can anyone tell me how to change the IP address on a unix server, as I have no idea whatsoever. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itservices
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Change a Unix IP address

I have purchased a Dec unix Ver 3.2c machine that is about ten years old. I need to get this machine on our network (windows 2003 domain) so I can copy files to it. I know I need to change the IP address, but where and how do I change it? What else do I chang? Thanks Randy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: randy1
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to change the email from address?

Hi Friends, I am facing one issue with my hpux server. I used to send mail from the hpux server directly to the customer id. By default the from address includes the complete hostname(eg:- user1@hostname.domain.com). My domain name is registered, but this individual hostname is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How To Change 5 port Ip Address Solaris?

Hello i'm newbie in solaris, anybody know how to change five port solaris 10? exmpe: bge0, bge1, bge2, etc. anybody can help me with the script implementasi... and logical how solaris work. thank so much:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

10. Debian

How to change local IP address?

I have a new Ethernet device that has a default IP address on a different subnet and need to change it. I have a Debian 6.0 host connected to the device with a crossover cable and have changed the host /etc/hosts and /etc/networks files to the same subnet as the new device and rebooted. Ping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)