Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display
Operating Systems Linux Display Post 302098455 by Carmen123 on Monday 4th of December 2006 10:35:37 AM
Old 12-04-2006
Maybe not clear enough, sorry.
I wish to export DISPLAY variable out of a server in a firewalled zone.
how to set my Ip if this is equal for each guest of that zone ?

by terminal number maybe ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display

list contents of the file /etc/passwd and display the line with your login.. what command can I use??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiTo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls display

Hi, When i list the subfolders in my Hp-Ux machine ,iam getting like this $ls -ltr total 14 -rw-r--r-- 1 sss users 6747 Aug 15 02:09 it is showing total as 14,but it is showing one file only!.plz tell me why is this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
3 Replies

3. Solaris

X Display

I have an application that I run remotely, before I start the app, i have to export the display using the DISPLAY=x.x.x.x; export DISPLAY command now, i have just put a crt monitor on this box, and i try to run the same command, for the display variable, i have used the machines own IP address,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display ???

Hi I have question? whne i do echo "I am fine" - - The result displays on the left hand side of the screen, i want to make the result to display at the center of the screen ex: I am fine - - i want to display this as I am fine - - in the center of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to display it how to do

I have infomation like this 06/10/07 06:45:33 AMQ9002: Channel 'CLUS.TO.IMVP1WASQM' is starting. 06/10/07 09:06:13 AMQ9002: Channel 'CLUS.TO.IMVP1EAIQM' is starting. EXPLANATION: Channel 'CLUS.TO.IMVP1EAIQM' is starting. ACTION: None.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display this.....

Hi... I have this sql script and i have spool this output to the name backup_status.log START_TIM END_TIME STATUS --------- --------- ----------------------- 14-JUL-08 14-JUL-08 COMPLETED WITH ERRORS How to use IF statement in order to cut and email the status if the status for that day... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display

Hello, this will sound geek but I've got a shell script that takes an age to run. I am wondering if someone as a function that will display like dash or something every second ? I could try to get it inside of this script when needed. I am using ksh. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

9. AIX

Help with DISPLAY

Hi I have humming bird exceed software installed in my system. I have 2 aix lpars with 7.1 version. When I export the display and run xlcock it works only in one server. The output of the below command is the same in both the lpars # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep -i X11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies
VMWARE-USER-SUID-WRAPPER(8)					   Open VM Tools				       VMWARE-USER-SUID-WRAPPER(8)

NAME
vmware-user-suid-wrapper - wrapper programm for vmware-user(1) SYNOPSIS
vmware-user-suid-wrapper DESCRIPTION
Operations on the vmblock(9) filesystem are considered privileged, and as such may only be issued on a file descriptor acquired by root. This is accomplished by vmware-user-suid-wrapper, a small setuid wrapper whose only purpose is to acquire a filesystem file descriptor, drop superuser privileges, and then execute vmware-user(1). In particular, prepare the system for vmware-user means that it unmounts the vmblock file system, unloads the vmblock module, then reloads the module, mounts the file system, and opens a file descriptor that vmware- user can use to add and remove blocks. OPTIONS
vmware-user-suid-wrapper has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-user-suid-wrapper and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-USER-SUID-WRAPPER(8)