Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not detecting CD ROm drive
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Not detecting CD ROm drive Post 302098280 by Corona688 on Friday 1st of December 2006 06:01:38 PM
Old 12-01-2006
What is your computer?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

SUSE 9 - problems accessing CD ROM drive

I've got SUSE 9 installed on a removable hard drive and the system is up and running fine. I'm trying to copy stuff off a CD onto one of my Linux partitions but I am getting an errors : * Could not read /media/cdrom/file1.tar.tar I can browse to the file location on the CD by using the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: GandalfWhite
11 Replies

2. Solaris

external DVD-ROM drive for our datacentre

Hi there In our Data centre we have a mixture of SPARCS running from v100 and ultra10's to v800 and v1250 boxes we also have a large amount of x86 X2100 and X4100 boxes I am looking to purchase an external DVD-ROM drive that we can plug into the back of any of the boxes if we need to (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

4. SCO

Problems Detecting HP Tape Drive

I am trying to install an HP StorageWorks DAT40 Tape drive at SC0 5.0.7. The tape drive is not functional. When I run #sconf -v this is what I get; Sdsk ad160 0 0 0 0 Sdsk ad160 0 0 1 0 Stp ad160 0 0 3 0 But when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

External DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP rp7400

Please help me > How to diag the external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device only showing all disks >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpuser
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not?on HP rp74000

old clunker - rp74000 How to diag the external DVD-ROM drives issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 Please help me > I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpuser
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
1 Replies

8. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

9. SCO

Problem setting up CD-ROM drive

Whenever I click the icon on the SCO desktop, I get an error stating the following: Cannot stat '/dev/cd0' no such device or address (error 6) After looking around for a bit, it seemed like I just needed to run mkdev cdrom to setup the CD-ROM drive. I checked the BIOS settings to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub(8), update-grub(8). The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB-INSTALL(8)