Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to add patches to solaris 10? Post 302098102 by duke0001 on Thursday 30th of November 2006 04:06:35 PM
Old 11-30-2006
How to add patches to solaris 10?

I am seeking help to add patches to Sloris 10 on 64 bit Sparc server. This is to prepare the server for the installation of oracle 10g. Please list command and the directory (If needed). Thanks.

Last edited by duke0001; 11-30-2006 at 05:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Solaris and Cluster Patches

Simple question: After applying a cluster patch to a sun solaris box I am left with a root volume 81% full. I could run through the hassle of resizing the slices which is way too much work for a Ultra 5 running DNS only. Is there a way to clean up the /var/sadm/pkg area, aka dump the save info. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 patches

"Solaris 10 is here and so are the latest patches. For a limited time SunSolve will provide access to all Solaris 10 patches. Download the latest Solaris 10 patches using Patchfinder and find updated support content using the SunSolve Knowledgebase. After this promotion ends, Solaris 10 security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busta
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Patches

Is there any way to show the patches that have been installed in what order, or by date? For example, we have servers, we run the sun patch cluster on them every so often. but then we have some 1zee 2zee's which id like to identify. do i ahve to go into each directory and look at time stamps?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to update patches to Solaris 10?

I am seeking help to add patches to Solaris 10 on 64 bit Sparc server. This is to prepare the server for the installation of Oracle 10g. Please list command and specific directory that patches should be added to. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Recommended Patches

Does anyone get the following error message below when trying to download solaris 10 recommended patch? End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Patches not running

Has anyone ever seen the patch cluster just hang and do nothing? When I run in debug mode, here is where it hangs... I tried clearing out my profile, running in different shells, I have no idea whats going on, any help is appreciated... export/home/unixadm/10_Recommended>ksh -x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris patches

Hi Friends... can some one tel me any tool for analysing patch on solaris, then download n install it wit all dependency patches???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Patches

Hello all, I wanted to check in Solaris 10 machine whether it has got all the required patches . Is there any way to find out. Rgds Rj (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Patches

Can anyone link me to where I can get solaris 10 patches, since now sunsolve.sun.com redirects to some useless oracle support page? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Understanding Patches on Solaris-10

Hi, From security guy, I was told to install below three patches on Solaris-10 (Sparc) server 120272-31 124393-12 125731-11 Here is output from server - # showrev -p | grep 120272-31 # showrev -p | grep 120272 Patch: 120011-14 Obsoletes: 116781-02, 117447-01, 117463-05, 118371-10,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
ipa-replica-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					    ipa-replica-install(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-install - Create an IPA replica SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-install [OPTION]... replica_file DESCRIPTION
Configures a new IPA server that is a replica of the server that generated it. Once it has been created it is an exact copy of the original IPA server and is an equal master. Changes made to any master are automatically replicated to other masters. The replica_file is created using the ipa-replica-prepare utility. If the installation fails you may need to run ipa-server-install --uninstall before running ipa-replica-install again. The installation will fail if the host you are installing the replica on exists as a host in IPA or an existing replication agreement exists (for example, from a previously failed installation). A replica should only be installed on the same or higher version of IPA on the remote system. OPTIONS
BASIC OPTIONS --setup-ca Install and configure a CA on this replica. If a CA is not configured then certificate operations will be forwarded to a master with a CA installed. --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of this server. If this address does not match the address the host resolves to and --setup-dns is not selected the installation will fail. If the server hostname is not resolvable, a record for the hostname and IP_ADDRESS is added to /etc/hosts. -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD Directory Manager (existing master) password -w ADMIN_PASSWORD, --admin-password=ADMIN_PASSWORD Admin user Kerberos password used for connection check --mkhomedir Create home directories for users on their first login -N, --no-ntp Do not configure NTP --no-ui-redirect Do not automatically redirect to the Web UI. --ssh-trust-dns Configure OpenSSH client to trust DNS SSHFP records. --no-ssh Do not configure OpenSSH client. --no-sshd Do not configure OpenSSH server. --skip-conncheck Skip connection check to remote master -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input CERTIFICATE SYSTEM OPTIONS --skip-schema-check Skip check for updated CA DS schema on the remote master DNS OPTIONS --setup-dns Generate a DNS zone if it does not exist already and configure the DNS server. This option requires that you either specify at least one DNS forwarder through the --forwarder option or use the --no-forwarders option. --forwarder=IP_ADDRESS Add a DNS forwarder to the DNS configuration. You can use this option multiple times to specify more forwarders, but at least one must be provided, unless the --no-forwarders option is specified. --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders. Root DNS servers will be used instead. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create new reverse DNS zone. If a reverse DNS zone already exists for the subnet, it will be used. --no-host-dns Do not use DNS for hostname lookup during installation --no-dns-sshfp Do not automatically create DNS SSHFP records. EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful 1 if an error occurred 3 if the host exists in the IPA server or a replication agreement to the remote master already exists IPA
May 16 2012 ipa-replica-install(1)