Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to list today's files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to list today's files Post 302097844 by dhanamurthy on Wednesday 29th of November 2006 02:35:22 AM
Old 11-29-2006
This should help

find . -atime -2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all the files which are not generated today

How to list all the files which are not generated today, and move all the above files to backup dir. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort files by date, not showing files from today

Hi all, i'm new here in this forum. I really like the helpful answers in this forum. Here a short question. For a script i have to sort files by date and exclude the files of the actual date. Sorting the files by date and preparing the output for awk is done by this line: ls -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlosdivega
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list all the files created today with directory path

Hi, Can any one tell the command to list all the files that are created as of today from all the directories? The Command "ls -ltR" is listing all the files. But I want the list of files that has been created as of today along with the directory path:) Thank you in advance.:) Regards,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetusha.b
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list all the files for today in the dir

I am trying following ... ls -ltrh | grep 'Dec 2' but it is displaying files for last year also ..as this dir is full of files from last 3-5 yrs I only want to files for today. e.g . ls -ltrh | grep 'Dec 2' -rw-r----- 1 ajay ajay 0 Dec 2 2010 text23.txt -rw-r----- ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

5. Linux

List all files created today exclude last one

Hi, ALL thanks in advance, i listed all files using this command ls -ltr $(date +%Y%m%d)*.xmlbut i would like to exclude the last one created ; Best regard MEROUAN Use code tags, thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files with today date and files come anytime in between 10 pm to 1 am

Hi, i want to make script. In a directory everyday( exclude sat and sun) in between 10 pm to 1 am there are 2 files comes and when file comes it will mail us. Format for files is mentioned below. please help me on making this, and also have year end consider and if files come after 12 am it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List out Process ids restarted today

Hi, I need to list out the processes which are started/restarted today in my Solaris box. If not possible need to convert the process uptime in minutes or seconds and compare it with a configurable value to list out those process ids for further processing in my scripting. Can any one guide... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)