Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change sender e-mail address
Operating Systems AIX Change sender e-mail address Post 302096756 by cchiang12 on Friday 17th of November 2006 10:24:26 PM
Old 11-17-2006
need a little help.
I searched the forum for "Tek-Tips", I didn't find anything.
I also try to search for "email", not there either...
help...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Sender Address

Hello Following command send link to division managers. echo http://severname:8081/account-reports/2008Jun19-2008Jun25.2/index.html | mail -s "Weekly Division Sales Report" johndoe@companmail.com QUESTION. Above command send a body which is link of division report in email with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change mail sender in unix aix

Hi All, I have a ksh script, in which it sends mail successfully but from root id(root@system.com). I want it to be sent as customid@system.com. I verified man pages of mail, and found '-u userid' option. But it is failing. code snippet below: mail -s "subject" -u $customid... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to change sender email address in mail -s command

Just having trouble trying to figure out what the option is. When I do mail -s "Subject" someuser@example.com I can't seem to specify "from" or "sender" option as I need it for my task. I tried using --f or -f though it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what other option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the sender's name or E-mail address in mutt command

Can any one help me in this ??? How to change sender's name or email address in Mutt command??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail -s help ,change the sender to correct one

Hi expert I use mail -s "hello" bruce@sohu.com <kernel-img.conf send mail, it display the sender is lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010.corp.ad..com How can I change the sender to yanglei.fage@gmail.com to default ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
mail.local(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mail.local(1M)

NAME
mail.local - store mail in a mailbox SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mail.local [-f sender] [-d] recipient DESCRIPTION
mail.local reads the standard input up to an end-of-file and appends it to each user's mail file (mailbox). This program is intended to be used by sendmail(1M) as a mail delivery agent for local mail. It is not a user interface agent. Messages are appended to the user's mail file in the /var/mail directory. The user must be a valid user name. Each delivered mail message in the mailbox is preceded by a "Unix From line" with the following format: From sender_address time_stamp The sender_address is extracted from the SMTP envelope address (the envelope address is specified with the -f option). A trailing blank line is also added to the end of each message. The mail files are locked with a .lock file while mail is appended. The mail files are created with mode 660, owner is set to recipient, and group is set to mail. If the ``biff'' service is returned by get- servbyname(3SOCKET), the biff server is notified of delivered mail. This program also computes the Content-Length: header which will be used by the mailbox reader to mark the message boundary. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f sender Specifies the "envelope from address" of the message. This flag is technically optional, but should be used. -d Specifies the recipient of the message. This flag is also optional and is supported here for backward compatibility. That is, mail.local recipient is the same as mail.local -d recipient. -l Turn on LMTP mode. -r from Specify the sender's name (for backward compatibility). -7 Do not advertise 8BITMIME support in LMTP mode. -b Return a permanent error instead of a temporary error if a mailbox exceeds quota. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: recipient The recipient of the mail message. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TZ Used to set the appropriate time zone on the timestamp. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/tmp/local.XXXXXX temporary files /tmp/lochd.XXXXXX temporary files /var/mail/user_name user's mail file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mail(1), comsat(1M), sendmail(1M), getservbyname(3SOCKET), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1997 mail.local(1M)