Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change sender e-mail address
Operating Systems AIX Change sender e-mail address Post 302096738 by cchiang12 on Friday 17th of November 2006 03:10:49 PM
Old 11-17-2006
Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org.
This is causing some issue with our e-mail server.
So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org...
Does any one know how this can be accomplished?

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Sender Address

Hello Following command send link to division managers. echo http://severname:8081/account-reports/2008Jun19-2008Jun25.2/index.html | mail -s "Weekly Division Sales Report" johndoe@companmail.com QUESTION. Above command send a body which is link of division report in email with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change mail sender in unix aix

Hi All, I have a ksh script, in which it sends mail successfully but from root id(root@system.com). I want it to be sent as customid@system.com. I verified man pages of mail, and found '-u userid' option. But it is failing. code snippet below: mail -s "subject" -u $customid... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to change sender email address in mail -s command

Just having trouble trying to figure out what the option is. When I do mail -s "Subject" someuser@example.com I can't seem to specify "from" or "sender" option as I need it for my task. I tried using --f or -f though it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what other option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the sender's name or E-mail address in mutt command

Can any one help me in this ??? How to change sender's name or email address in Mutt command??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail -s help ,change the sender to correct one

Hi expert I use mail -s "hello" bruce@sohu.com <kernel-img.conf send mail, it display the sender is lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010.corp.ad..com How can I change the sender to yanglei.fage@gmail.com to default ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM - SMTP sender address SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM, char *from); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a zero terminated string as parameter. This should be used to specify the sender's email address when sending SMTP mail with libcurl. An originator email address should be specified with angled brackets (<>) around it, which if not specified will be added automatically. If this parameter is not specified then an empty address will be sent to the mail server which may cause the email to be rejected. The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
blank PROTOCOLS
SMTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.20.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT(3), CURLOPT_MAIL_AUTH(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)