Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: magic.h
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users magic.h Post 302096594 by vijlak on Thursday 16th of November 2006 11:59:07 AM
Old 11-16-2006
magic.h

Where can I find #defines for filetypes like the ELF etc and the magic.h file?
CAn anyone advice.
Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot Magic 7

For a multi-boot setup (win2K, XP & SuSE) over 3 drives, where should Boot Magic be installed to? And does it matter which o/s installs it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is magic file ?

i am working under this sysytem SunOS sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 Some system on this server creates a file named like this. Elem_ee.xml.gz Elem_ee.xml.gz.magic In order to look into Elem_ee.xml.gz.magic, i first renamed Elem_ee.xml.gz.magic to Elem_ee.xml.gz and tried to unzip it. but returns... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oppai
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad Magic Number

Dear All, i have a SCSI hard disk drive i'm installing on it solaris 5 and the workstation is sun sparc, i made an image of this H.D using Norton Ghost 6, so i took off the SCSI H.D from the sun workstation and put it on a Compaq server then i booted the server from the Norton Ghost floppy disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesweshahaha
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

magic.h

Where can I find #defines for filetypes like the ELF etc and the magic.h file? CAn anyone advice. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed magic!

Hi, I have this line in my script, and works perfect! tran= "$(sed = "$fname" | sed "/./N; s/\n/: /" | sed -n "${beg},${end}p")" $fname its a file, and gets multilines between beg and end.: Something like this: 1: line a 2: line b 3: line c But now, I want insert in the end of each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

magic 8ball

when i use this code for the script of the magic 8ball, i get an error message and it always displays the sam answer. What am i doing wrong or what am i missing thanks #!/bin/sh #< Magic eight ball! # KW 26/11/04 # Requires "rand" echo "Enter \"q\" followed by return to quit" function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed magic

I want to become an expert @ using sed, but i do not have enough time... Atm I have a repository in my apt/sources.list but it is commented out since i do not want to install packages from it (backtrack repository) except the exploitdb package. I would like make a command, lets say... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redsolja
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

I got a magic wand

My new magic wand just came. It looks great. Looking at it, it looks like it is carved by hand from a solid piece of wood. It could easily serve as a prop in a Harry Potter film. But it is actually a high tech appliance. A built-in accelerometer can detect how you are moving the wand. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed magic

Hello all, I have an inherited an old ugly script I'm trying to clean up a bit. What I am currently working on is a line like the following: Complication=" and ta.secID = 011222 and upper(ta.proc_ctrl_no) != 'IMPACT'";; I just want to combine a search for lines that begin with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blip42
5 Replies
ELF_GETSHNUM(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   ELF_GETSHNUM(3)

NAME
elf_getshnum -- return the number of sections in an ELF file LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> int elf_getshnum(Elf *elf, size_t *shnum); DESCRIPTION
This function is deprecated. Please use elf_getshdrnum(3) instead. Function elf_getshnum() retrieves the number of ELF sections associated with descriptor elf and stores it into the location pointed to by argument shnum. This routine allows applications to uniformly process both normal ELF objects, and ELF objects that use extended section numbering. RETURN VALUES
Function elf_getshnum() returns a non-zero value if successful, or zero in case of an error. ERRORS
Function elf_getshnum() can fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] A NULL value was passed in for argument elf. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not for an ELF file. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf lacks an ELF Executable header. SEE ALSO
elf(3), elf32_getehdr(3), elf64_getehdr(3), elf_getident(3), elf_getphdrnum(3), elf_getshdrstrndx(3), gelf(3), gelf_getehdr(3) BSD
August 5, 2009 BSD