Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris 10: add new svc
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 10: add new svc Post 302096492 by Tornado on Thursday 16th of November 2006 02:16:29 AM
Old 11-16-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch
Thanks. Do you have any documentation that says what those xml tags mean? That would really help out.
Yes I do, But thats at work. I will post them up tomorrow.
This User Gave Thanks to For This Post:
Tornado

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how do you login as sms-svc on a system controller

hi, i have got a SUN F15K DOMAIN TAKING HARDWARE CONFIGURATION DUMP. DUMP FILE: -D/VA message i wnat to logon as sms-svc on to the controller to check what's happening can you please guide me how do i login as sms-svc on the controller and check thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sol_9 => Sol_10/08 Upgrade svc startup issue.

Dear all, Recently I did an upgrade from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 on a V440 System, after the initial reboot after the auto-reboot from the OS upgrade, the service: svc:/system/webconsole:console transitions into maintenance and cannot be manually brought online. Below are a list of things I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShawnLua
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX

Hello Unix Admins: Has any one in this distribution list implemented SVC (SAN Volume Contoller - A solution from IBM) in your environment? If you have, do you have any do's / don'ts? Anything which you like sharing would be really appreciated. For example, my inputs: I tried implementing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdossjojo
1 Replies

4. Solaris

svc Errors on OS startup

I'm having these weird errors. svc.configd: Fatal error: Backend copy failed: fails to read from /etc/svc/repository.db at offset 106496: Bad file number svc.configd: Fatal error: unable to create "boot" backup of "/etc/svc/repository.db" Mar 10 13:04:23 svc.startd:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
5 Replies

5. Solaris

svc:/system/filesystem/local is always in maintenance status

Hello Friends, I need to change network filesystem status as online but it always seems in maintenance mode, I appreciate your any suggestion to change its state as online. shell>svcadm enable svc:/system/filesystem/local shell>svcs -l svc:/system/filesystem/local fmri ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

6. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Svc messages flooding the system logs every second

Hi all I have a newly installed Oracle X2-4 server running Solaris 10 x86 with the latest patches. I have one non-global zone configured running an Oracle DB instance. After configuring IPMP failover between two NICs on the server and rebooting I am seeing the /var/adm/messages being flooded... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Svc:/network/http:apache2 error

Dear All, http:apache2 service on my node is continuously in maintenance mode. I have tried to enable and disable the service but nothing works. root@ops # svcs -a | grep apache2 maintenance 15:46:37 svc:/network/http:apache2 When I reboot the system, I get the following error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris ftp connects out svc disabled.

Hi, Running ftp online 2:53:02 svc:/network/ftp:default If I disable ftp disabled 2:54:00 svc:/network/ftp:default I can still SEND ftp files out. I cannot connect to this server via FTP, but why can I still connect to other ftp servers and send files? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedWizard75
5 Replies

10. AIX

Change the ID of a SVC Node

Hi Folks, I'm currently in a position where I am building the seed equipment for a Data Centre Migration, I'm familiar with some of the equipment - all of which I've listed below. SAN Storage - EMC VNX5800 SAN Switches - Brocade DCX 8510-4 SAN Management - IBM SVC 2145-DH8 four node cluster... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)