Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expanding standard terminal size Post 302096221 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 12:05:26 PM
Old 11-14-2006
/usr/openwin/bin/resize

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Standard Greeter font Size (RHEL 3)

In RHEL 3 is there a way to change the font size for the standard greeter text. Jeremy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morphous
1 Replies

2. AIX

expanding the size of vg

Hi, I have created the lun of 15gb and assigned to aix,but now I want to expand the size of lun 15gb to 30gb, I am having following queries. 1)wheather i have to umount that partition on aix side before increasing the size of lun on storage side or directly I can increase directly size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

terminal size

Is there an easy command to know the size of a terminal window from a command line command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resizing Terminal Size Upon Login?

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 uname: Linux CuBox 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux Shell: Bash So I was trying to see if there was a way to resize the terminal dynamically upon logging into a remote PC. How I login now is to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
resize(1X)																resize(1X)

NAME
resize - set TERMCAP and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [-u] [-c] [-s[row col]] OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's cur- rent shell is not /bin/sh. This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell is not /bin/csh. This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the special xterm escape code. If rows and col- umns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. DESCRIPTION
The resize command prints a shell command for setting the TERM and TERMCAP environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm win- dow from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that do not have command functions will need to send the output to a tem- porary file and the read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out FILES
for the base termcap entry to modify. user's alias for the command. BUGS
The -u or -c must appear to the left of -s if both are specified. SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1X) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(1X) for a complete copyright notice. resize(1X)