Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expanding standard terminal size Post 302096220 by prkfriryce on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 12:04:33 PM
Old 11-14-2006
`find /* -name resize` did not return anything. I am running limited Solaris 9

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Standard Greeter font Size (RHEL 3)

In RHEL 3 is there a way to change the font size for the standard greeter text. Jeremy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morphous
1 Replies

2. AIX

expanding the size of vg

Hi, I have created the lun of 15gb and assigned to aix,but now I want to expand the size of lun 15gb to 30gb, I am having following queries. 1)wheather i have to umount that partition on aix side before increasing the size of lun on storage side or directly I can increase directly size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

terminal size

Is there an easy command to know the size of a terminal window from a command line command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resizing Terminal Size Upon Login?

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 uname: Linux CuBox 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux Shell: Bash So I was trying to see if there was a way to resize the terminal dynamically upon logging into a remote PC. How I login now is to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
ul(1)							      General Commands Manual							     ul(1)

Name
       ul - process underscores for terminal

Syntax
       ul [-i] [-t terminal] [name...]

Description
       The  command  reads  the  named files (or standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which
       indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM.  The -t option overrides  the  terminal  kind
       specified  in  the  environment.  The file /etc/termcap is read to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining.	If the terminal is
       incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead.  If the terminal can overstrike, or  handles  under-
       lining automatically, degenerates to If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored.

The  -i option causes to indicate underlining by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at
       the underlining which is present in an output stream on a crt-terminal.

Options
       -i Displays underscoring on separate line containing appropriate dashes (-).

-t terminal
	  Uses type of specified terminal in place your terminal's type.

Restrictions
       The command usually outputs a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining.  No attempt is made	to
       optimize the backward motion.

See Also
       man(1), nroff(1), colcrt(1)

ul(1)