Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expanding standard terminal size Post 302096213 by prkfriryce on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 11:35:12 AM
Old 11-14-2006
expanding standard terminal size

what is the Ksh syntax to expand/change the geometry of the running terminal window?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Standard Greeter font Size (RHEL 3)

In RHEL 3 is there a way to change the font size for the standard greeter text. Jeremy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morphous
1 Replies

2. AIX

expanding the size of vg

Hi, I have created the lun of 15gb and assigned to aix,but now I want to expand the size of lun 15gb to 30gb, I am having following queries. 1)wheather i have to umount that partition on aix side before increasing the size of lun on storage side or directly I can increase directly size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

terminal size

Is there an easy command to know the size of a terminal window from a command line command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resizing Terminal Size Upon Login?

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 uname: Linux CuBox 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux Shell: Bash So I was trying to see if there was a way to resize the terminal dynamically upon logging into a remote PC. How I login now is to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
vte(1)								   User Commands							    vte(1)

NAME
vte - virtual terminal emulator SYNOPSIS
vte [--antialias] [--audible] [--background=image] [--blink] [--color-cursor] [--command=command] [--console] [--debug] [--dingus] [--dis- play=display] [--double-buffer] [--font=font] [--geometry=geometry] [--highlight] [--icon-title] [--keep] [--no-geometry-hints] [--reverse] [--scroll-background] [--scrollback-lines] [--shell] [--termcap=terminal-type] [--transparent] [--working-directory=directory] DESCRIPTION
vte is simply a window wrapped around the vte embeddable terminal emulation control, which does most of the work for gnome-terminal. vte is used mainly to test the control. Most users do not need to use vte directly, but use gnome-terminal instead. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -2, --double-buffer Toggle double buffering. Enabled by default. -A, --antialias Toggle antialiasing. The default is that of the current GTK+ default. -a, --audible Toggle audible bell on/off. If audible bell is enabled, visible bell is disabled. If audible bell is disabled, visible bell is enabled. Audible bell enabled by default. -B, --background=image Use image as background. -b, --blink Toggle cursor blinking. Enabled by default. -C, --console Open a "console" connection. -c, --command=command Fork the specified command. -D, --dingus Use dingus clicking: as the cursor moves over text matching a certain pattern, the matched text is highlighted and the cursor changes shape. Disabled by default. -d, --debug Toggle update debugging. Disabled by default. --display=display Specify the X display to use. -f, --font=font Specify the font to use. Default font is "Sans 12". -G, --no-geometry-hints Allow the terminal to be resized to any dimension, not constrained to fit to an integer multiple of characters. -g, --geometry=geometry Set the size (in characters) and position. -h, --highlight Toggle highlighting. Disabled by default. -i, --icon-title Toggle whether to obey attempts to set the icon name, if applications running in the terminal request this. -k, --keep Toggle whether to keep program running after GTK main loop. Disabled by default. -n, --scrollback-lines Specify the number of scrollback lines. Minumum number of scrollback lines is 100. Default number of scrollback lines is 100. -r, --color-cursor Toggle whether to set cursor color to pale red. Disabled by default. --reverse Reverse foreground and background colors. -S, --shell Toggle launching a shell. Enabled by default. -s, --scroll-background Toggle whether to scroll background image along with text. This option is only useful when combined with the -B option. Disabled by default. -T, --transparent Use transparent background. Overrides the -B option. -t, --termcap=terminal-type Specify the terminal type to emulate. -w, --working-directory=directory Specify the initial working directory of the terminal. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
vte is designed to emulate the xterm program provided by the X Consortium. In turn, xterm is an almost complete emulation of the DEC VT102 terminal. vte supports the same extensions to VT102 as those provided by xterm, through special escape sequences. xterm is an evolving program. Recent changes to xterm have been been incorporated into vte. This includes emulation of the newer DEC VT220 escape sequences. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Virtual Terminal Emulator example% vte ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: VTE_PROFILE_MEMORY Virtualize memory allocation for debugging purposes. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/vte Executable for virtual terminal emulator /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/vte Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvte | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-terminal(1), xterm(1), libvte(3), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Johan Steyn, updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 vte(1)