Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expanding standard terminal size Post 302096213 by prkfriryce on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 11:35:12 AM
Old 11-14-2006
expanding standard terminal size

what is the Ksh syntax to expand/change the geometry of the running terminal window?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Standard Greeter font Size (RHEL 3)

In RHEL 3 is there a way to change the font size for the standard greeter text. Jeremy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morphous
1 Replies

2. AIX

expanding the size of vg

Hi, I have created the lun of 15gb and assigned to aix,but now I want to expand the size of lun 15gb to 30gb, I am having following queries. 1)wheather i have to umount that partition on aix side before increasing the size of lun on storage side or directly I can increase directly size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

terminal size

Is there an easy command to know the size of a terminal window from a command line command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resizing Terminal Size Upon Login?

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 uname: Linux CuBox 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux Shell: Bash So I was trying to see if there was a way to resize the terminal dynamically upon logging into a remote PC. How I login now is to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
Tk_ManageGeometry(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					      Tk_ManageGeometry(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_ManageGeometry - arrange to handle geometry requests for a window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_ManageGeometry(tkwin, mgrPtr, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window to be managed. const Tk_GeomMgr *mgrPtr (in) Pointer to data structure containing information about the geometry manager, or NULL to indicate that tkwin's geometry should not be managed anymore. The data structure pointed to by mgrPtr must be static: Tk keeps a reference to it as long as the window is managed. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary one-word value to pass to geometry manager callbacks. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_ManageGeometry arranges for a particular geometry manager, described by the mgrPtr argument, to control the geometry of a particular slave window, given by tkwin. If tkwin was previously managed by some other geometry manager, the previous manager loses control in favor of the new one. If mgrPtr is NULL, geometry management is cancelled for tkwin. The structure pointed to by mgrPtr contains information about the geometry manager: typedef struct { const char *name; Tk_GeomRequestProc *requestProc; Tk_GeomLostSlaveProc *lostSlaveProc; } Tk_GeomMgr; The name field is the textual name for the geometry manager, such as pack or place; this value will be returned by the command winfo man- ager. requestProc is a procedure in the geometry manager that will be invoked whenever Tk_GeometryRequest is called by the slave to change its desired geometry. requestProc should have arguments and results that match the type Tk_GeomRequestProc: typedef void Tk_GeomRequestProc( ClientData clientData, Tk_Window tkwin); The parameters to requestProc will be identical to the corresponding parameters passed to Tk_ManageGeometry. clientData usually points to a data structure containing application-specific information about how to manage tkwin's geometry. The lostSlaveProc field of mgrPtr points to another procedure in the geometry manager. Tk will invoke lostSlaveProc if some other manager calls Tk_ManageGeometry to claim tkwin away from the current geometry manager. lostSlaveProc is not invoked if Tk_ManageGeometry is called with a NULL value for mgrPtr (presumably the current geometry manager has made this call, so it already knows that the window is no longer managed), nor is it called if mgrPtr is the same as the window's current geometry manager. lostSlaveProc should have arguments and results that match the following prototype: typedef void Tk_GeomLostSlaveProc( ClientData clientData, Tk_Window tkwin); The parameters to lostSlaveProc will be identical to the corresponding parameters passed to Tk_ManageGeometry. KEYWORDS
callback, geometry, managed, request, unmanaged Tk 4.0 Tk_ManageGeometry(3)