Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab in AIX
Operating Systems AIX crontab in AIX Post 302096108 by johnf on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 04:34:18 AM
Old 11-14-2006
Please give an example of the entry from the crontab. I bet it is because you are not using the absolute path of cp as in /usr/bin/cp.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

2. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab problem in AIX

Hi my script is as below. #! /bin/sh get=`ls -l *.ZIP | egrep -c '^-'` put=`cat Get_File_Count.txt|grep ''` if then echo $get > Get_File_Count.txt echo "Hi,\n\nYou've got a new feed!\n\nFilename : `ls -l *.ZIP|sort -k 6|tail -1|cut -c 58-90`" | mail -s "New File Received" user@domain.com... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for modify hour in a crontab AIX

Hi, I want to modifiy the hour in the crontab AIX 5.3 for this line: Input: 00 22 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 Output: 30 20 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 With the awk or sed function through a ssh -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab on AIX

Hi I'm trying to set up a crontab on AIX and for some reason it's not running my script at the specified time - here's what I have tried so far: 30 14 * * * <scriptname> 35 14 *** /directory/<scriptname> 40,14 *** /directory/<scriptname> (nb crontab won't accept the comma) 1 and 2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
10 Replies

7. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

8. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD