Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Full command line sun 5.10
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Full command line sun 5.10 Post 302095675 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 9th of November 2006 05:32:39 AM
Old 11-09-2006
for all dtrace scripts root permission is required.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

2. AIX

Getting the process full command line

Hi, I am running java process that has a long command line. Is there a way to get the full command line? By running ps -ef has returns around 2000 chars By running ps eww returns around 2020 chars I am running on AIX 5.3 Thanks, Fredy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredy
0 Replies

3. Solaris

file system full in Sun Solaris 9 sparc

I am trying to install the JDK 1.6 on Solaris9 Sparc machine but after downloaded .tar file from Sun website and when I am trying to untar that, I an getting the following error- zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - Sep 2 18:42:36 mgsun ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

pgrep doesn't perform full command line pattern matching

Hi! I need to get PID of some particular process and I wonder if I can use pgrep tool for this purpose. The problem is that pgrep doesn't perform pattern matching on the whole command line, even if I use -f key. Parsing output of ps command is not quite convenient... Also deamon, which PID I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH full shell script in 1 line.

I'd like to ssh a piece of shell script code into a single ssh command. As you all know, you could ssh something like this: ssh user@host "ls -la" and receive the output of that command being run on that machine. So, let's say I scripted something on the fly via command line like this: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read full line from file

hello all I'm writing a bash script and I need to read data from a file line by line The number of words of each line is not known and I want to check if anywhere in the line exists the substring www..That substring is a string by itself or a substring of other strings.So what I tried so far... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep grab 19 letters from now or a full line

Hi, I have a file like this >hg19_chr1_123_456_+ asndbansbdahsjdbfsjhfghjdsghjdghjdjhdghjjdkhfsdkjfhdsjkdkjghkjdhgfjkhjfkf hasjgdhjsgfhjdsgfdsgfjhdgjhdjhdhjdfhjdfjgfdfbdghjbfjksdhfjsfdghjgdhjgfdjhgd jhgdfj >hg19_chr1_123_456_-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Color Command Line Menus

Hi all, Did a couple of Google searchs, a couple of searchs on the site here and didn't find an answer... But, maybe I'm not searching for the right phrases. My question; what creates the full color menus on the command line in unix? I'm looking for something that would replicate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
3 Replies
plot(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  plot(1B)

NAME
plot, aedplot, atoplot, bgplot, crtplot, dumbplot, gigiplot, hpplot, implot, plottoa, t300, t300s, t4013, t450, tek, vplot, hp7221plot - graphics filters for various plotters SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/plot [-Tterminal] DESCRIPTION
The plot utility reads plotting instructions (see plot(4B)) from the standard input and produces plotting instructions suitable for a par- ticular terminal on the standard output. If no terminal is specified, the environment variable TERM is used. The default terminal is tek. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Except for ver, the following terminal-types can be used with `lpr -g' (see lpr(1B)) to produce plotted output: 2648 | 2648a | h8 | hp2648 | hp2648a Hewlett Packard 2648 graphics terminal. hp7221 | hp7 | h7 | Hewlett Packard 7221 plotter. 300 DASI 300 or GSI terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300s | 300S DASI 300s terminal (Diablo mechanism). 450 DASI Hyterm 450 terminal (Diablo mechanism). 4013 Tektronix 4013 storage scope. 4014 | tek Tektronix 4014 and 4015 storage scope with Enhanced Graphics Module. (Use 4013 for Tektronix 4014 or 4015 without the Enhanced Graphics Module). aed AED 512 color graphics terminal. bgplot | bitgraph BBN bitgraph graphics terminal. crt Any crt terminal capable of running vi(1). dumb | un | unknown Dumb terminals without cursor addressing or line printers. gigi | vt125 DEC vt125 terminal. implot Imagen plotter. var Benson Varian printer-plotter ver Versatec D1200A printer-plotter. The output is scan-converted and suitable input to `lpr -v'. FILES
/usr/ucb/aedplot /usr/ucb/atoplot /usr/ucb/bgplot /usr/ucb/crtplot /usr/ucb/dumbplot /usr/ucb/gigiplot /usr/ucb/hp7221plot /usr/ucb/hpplot /usr/ucb/implot /usr/ucb/plot /usr/ucb/plottoa /usr/ucb/t300 /usr/ucb/t300s /usr/ucb/t4013 /usr/ucb/t450 /usr/ucb/tek /usr/ucb/vplot ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
graph(1), tplot(1), vi(1), lpr(1B), plot(4B), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 plot(1B)