Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting week number of the "Monday" Post 302095411 by Perderabo on Monday 6th of November 2006 08:14:31 PM
Old 11-06-2006
I don't really follow you here. But read the date arithmetic article in our FAQ section and look at datecalc, which can probably do whatever it is that you want to do.

datecalc -c 2006 10 1

will return an integer from 0 to 6 to indicate the day of the week for Oct 1, 2006. Once you have the DOW of the first day of a month, subtract that from 9 which will give the the day of the first or second Monday in the month. So if that is larger than 7, subtract 7 from it. Now you are guaranteed to have the day of the month which is the first Monday.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] crontab issue "day of week"

Is there an issue with running a cron entry like the below entries? 0 2 21 12 2 cd /usr/local/bin;./cksecurity.sh -f /home/theninja/security.dat21 I wanted this to run on Tues at 2am, which it did successfully, however I also had the following entry to run next tuesday that also ran on 12/21.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
CAL_FROM_JD(3)								 1							    CAL_FROM_JD(3)

cal_from_jd - Converts from Julian Day Count to a supported calendar

SYNOPSIS
array cal_from_jd (int $jd, int $calendar) DESCRIPTION
cal_from_jd(3) converts the Julian day given in $jd into a date of the specified $calendar. Supported $calendar values are CAL_GREGORIAN, CAL_JULIAN, CAL_JEWISH and CAL_FRENCH. PARAMETERS
o $jd - Julian day as integer o $calendar - Calendar to convert to RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing calendar information like month, day, year, day of week, abbreviated and full names of weekday and month and the date in string form "month/day/year". EXAMPLES
Example #1 cal_from_jd(3) example <?php $today = unixtojd(mktime(0, 0, 0, 8, 16, 2003)); print_r(cal_from_jd($today, CAL_GREGORIAN)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [date] => 8/16/2003 [month] => 8 [day] => 16 [year] => 2003 [dow] => 6 [abbrevdayname] => Sat [dayname] => Saturday [abbrevmonth] => Aug [monthname] => August ) SEE ALSO
cal_to_jd(3), jdtofrench(3), jdtogregorian(3), jdtojewish(3), jdtojulian(3), jdtounix(3). PHP Documentation Group CAL_FROM_JD(3)