Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to check process ID from netstat? Post 302094779 by KhawHL on Wednesday 1st of November 2006 01:20:43 AM
Old 11-01-2006
How to check process ID from netstat?

How to know which process id from netstat command?

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process check

does anyone know an easy way that at the beginning of your script you check to see if that process is already running? I think it would have something to do with ps but I may be making it more complicated than it has to be. If you have a script run say, every half hour, you would want to check and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check the process

I want to find the pid ( by ps ) that has already run over 30 seconds , I know ps only show the minute/hour . eg. the start time of the below process are 15:19 / 15:20 , but I don't know the exact time ( in term of "second" ) it start to run ( I only know the hour and minute ) , if I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the process

how to kill the process that are idle over 30 minutes ? thx (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the process

Except the command "top" , is there other function / tool is used to check the process status in the system like 1. what process are running ? 2. how the CPU are allocating ? 3. how many swap is using ? 4. " Thx. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check process running

I have this script: ------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh # if ] || ] then echo "Executing main_load.sh script" /usr1/psc_load/jobs/cron/main_load.sh "ods" else echo "File not found, do nothing" fi exit 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rose1207
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check process

Hi.. I have this code which tells me that if a process is running or not. Actually someone on this forum help me to do it. :) But now If i want to check if the process is not running for more than 10 minutes. Does anyone know the code or syntax that checks if a process is not running for some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanexxx
1 Replies

7. Programming

How do I check if a process is running in C

How to I check if a process is running in C? I'm trying to use ps aux |grep "process name" but failing in doing that. How do I do that? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cprogdude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a process can check if a particular process is running on different machine?

I have process1 running on one machine and generating some log file. Now another process which can be launched on any machine wants to know if process1 is running or not and also in case it is running it wants to stream the logs file generated by process1 on terminal from which process2 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhnsit2001
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty port using netstat?

Hi, How to check empty port using netstat please help Thanks Ashfaque (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashfaque
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check status of process

Hi All, Have a query How to check for a process and if down start it , try if for 2 times and its not starting don't do it My code is working to some extent but while starting try starting both times. Please advise , whats wrong here ? if you have any other approach please do share. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
1 Replies
SETFIB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SETFIB(1)

NAME
setfib -- execute a utility with an altered default network view SYNOPSIS
setfib [-F] fib utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The setfib utility runs another utility with a different routing table. The table number fib will be used by default for all sockets started by this process or descendants. ENVIRONMENT
The PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of setfib is the exit status of utility. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. EXAMPLES
Run netstat(1) to view the second routing table. setfib -F 1 netstat -rn or setfib 1 netstat -rn or setfib -1 netstat -rn SEE ALSO
setfib(2), setsockopt(2) STANDARDS
The setfib utility is a FreeBSD specific extension. However, many UNIX-like systems have an equivalent function. HISTORY
The setfib utility appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. BSD
October 20, 2008 BSD