Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) reformat drive with terminal. Post 302093875 by verno on Tuesday 24th of October 2006 03:17:18 AM
Old 10-24-2006
try resetting NVRAM

"it will not even mount when plugged in"

Try to reset your Mac's NVRAM:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to unix through hyper terminal - as a dumb terminal

I just changed from windows NT to XP and I am no longer able to connect to my unix system. I used to use hyper terminal -- which acts as dumb terminal to my main frame unix system. I think one of the options used to be "direct to comX". This option isn't listed now. I use a serial port and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

3. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reformat WD 500 GB hard drive for Linux machine

Linux Red Hat machine GNOME version 2.16.0 External hard drive is a Western Digital 500 GB My Book Essential. How can I reformat the external hard drive so that I can backup my Linux machine? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

5. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to access a NTFS partition on hard drive through Terminal in OSX ?

Hi , I have a Mac OS X Lion mac book pro. I have a hard drive which I have partitioned in two (a) OSX Partition - Mac OS Extended Journaled format. Mount point: / (b) Data Partition - Windows NT Filesystem format. Mount point: /Volumes/Data I need to access the NTFS partition (I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)