Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo How do I install files in Linux? Post 302093541 by hast5 on Friday 20th of October 2006 07:22:17 AM
Old 10-20-2006
Thanks for the replays. But nothing of the thing you did suggest for me did work. When I try make... It only say "Nothing to be done for ... *thefile*"
And the ./configure do it only say no such file og directory and the make install dident work. Then did it only say "Nothing to be done for ... install".

Are there some other ides?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphics install on Linux

I'm trying to get RedHat 7.0 working on a Dell Latitude c600/c610 working. Well the graphics driver anyway. See no matter what I configure it wont work. Run Xconfigurator and it wont have the right drivers installed for me to pick etc etc. So I'll run Xconfigurator get a generic driver,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux install

I just recently installed Redhat linux 7.3 on an old machine and had a question. I had some problems installing and traced them to my sound card. Not wanting to waste time, I selected the smallest download possible (without doing a custom install). I didn't install any of the four optional packages... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elpinchegringo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i install in Linux?

I'm new to Linux & Unix in general. I have a system running Windows XP & i have a Linux RedHat 7.0 guest OS running in a Virtual Machine (VMware 3.0) now, i have to install the VMware tools for the Linux OS but i don't know how to install anything in Linux. How do i go about it? (i already have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: da_gee
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to install linux

I am presently trying to install linux on my machine that is already running Win XP. I have tried several different versions. I began with a Mandrake Linux installation cd. I could not bring up the graphical installer so I proceeded with the text installer. Somehow I managed to partition my hard... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobotoes
6 Replies

5. Linux

i want some help@install linux

but where can i download some ebooks about linux howto? i am a newcomer. thank you in advance :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A8harrying
3 Replies

6. Linux

How to Install Linux

Hi there!!! I'm new to unix n linux .....i want to learn Linux....I heard that loading Linux u must have high sys config ...Current i've a sys with Win 98.... My system configuration: Intel Pentium III (800 MHz) RAM 64MB HDD 9GB free space in E:\ Current OS windows 98 Could u suggest me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: visix
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i install Linux????

I use windows Xp, and I am going to format my HD and make some partitions.. I want to have windows Xp and Linux installed in diferent partions. I want it so when my computer boots, I can choose which OS I would like to load. I have never installed or used Linux. so I would like to know if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vit8484
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

9. Linux

Linux install

hi i am new with linux. i have installed fedora 16 for my application to running ROMS model. in ROMS site has written that: there are one way to provide the location for the NetCDF files (and optional HDF5 library). If you are always going to be using the same compiler on each system, you can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: komijani
1 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run. These can be used to supplement or override the any standard parameters that dh_auto_install passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)