Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: typeset in Ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers typeset in Ksh Post 302093462 by Glenn Arndt on Thursday 19th of October 2006 02:48:18 PM
Old 10-19-2006
Thanks for the info. It seems strange -- I guess I could use it to track a list of variables for some user-defined purpose, but considering there are zillions of other ways to do something like that... ok. Thanks again, though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TYPESET use

Hi all, I have problem understanding shell script.Written that $bindir/put_load.ksh ; typeset RV= $? I dont have any other document about script. How can i find that $bindir is exist or not what is the content of that, i am working on new box . how can i search that in old box what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset -f ???

I have found this command *typeset* and the option * -f *, which should provide me the list of all the currently defined functions. Is there any possibility of specifying the file in which this command to search ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset

Can anyone show me a simple practical usage of typeset. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset

Hi, Could any one please explain about typeset or share any link from where i can study about typeset i.e how to use it, how to define it.. etc? Thanks- Yogi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

typeset-r

Hi All , Can any one help me the meaning of typeset -r Thanks, venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatakotiy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset conversion problem from ksh to bash

Hi, typeset -l sgf # all lowercase letters typeset -u SGF # all uppercase letters sgf=$1 SGF=$sgf these lines used in my scripts . It ran fine in ksh but when we convert this to bash it erroring out. I like to know what the use of typeset ?? Thanks & Regards kanagaraj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting ksh to bash - typeset commands

Hi all, Am trying to convert a script written in ksh to a bash shell. At the moment, am stumped with the typeset -u command and I can't find an equivalent of it in bash. integer function is also not working as is the following if statement if ] && ]; then continue fi Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why use typeset?

Hi, All the scripts we have here use typeset instead of normal variables. They don't have any parameters, they just get declared at the beginning of the scripts like this: typeset var1 var2 var3Could anyone tell me why this is done? I don't see the advantage in this over using normal variables. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh "typeset -i" and Empty Parameters

I'm getting different behaviors for "typeset -i" on different systems. In one case unset parameters are 0, and in another case they're empty. Is one of these behaviors correct, or is the behavior here unspecified? First system: $ typeset -i x $ print $x 0 $ print ${.sh.version} Version M... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt Miller
13 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)