Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: typeset in Ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers typeset in Ksh Post 302093462 by Glenn Arndt on Thursday 19th of October 2006 02:48:18 PM
Old 10-19-2006
Thanks for the info. It seems strange -- I guess I could use it to track a list of variables for some user-defined purpose, but considering there are zillions of other ways to do something like that... ok. Thanks again, though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TYPESET use

Hi all, I have problem understanding shell script.Written that $bindir/put_load.ksh ; typeset RV= $? I dont have any other document about script. How can i find that $bindir is exist or not what is the content of that, i am working on new box . how can i search that in old box what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset -f ???

I have found this command *typeset* and the option * -f *, which should provide me the list of all the currently defined functions. Is there any possibility of specifying the file in which this command to search ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset

Can anyone show me a simple practical usage of typeset. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset

Hi, Could any one please explain about typeset or share any link from where i can study about typeset i.e how to use it, how to define it.. etc? Thanks- Yogi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

typeset-r

Hi All , Can any one help me the meaning of typeset -r Thanks, venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatakotiy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset conversion problem from ksh to bash

Hi, typeset -l sgf # all lowercase letters typeset -u SGF # all uppercase letters sgf=$1 SGF=$sgf these lines used in my scripts . It ran fine in ksh but when we convert this to bash it erroring out. I like to know what the use of typeset ?? Thanks & Regards kanagaraj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting ksh to bash - typeset commands

Hi all, Am trying to convert a script written in ksh to a bash shell. At the moment, am stumped with the typeset -u command and I can't find an equivalent of it in bash. integer function is also not working as is the following if statement if ] && ]; then continue fi Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why use typeset?

Hi, All the scripts we have here use typeset instead of normal variables. They don't have any parameters, they just get declared at the beginning of the scripts like this: typeset var1 var2 var3Could anyone tell me why this is done? I don't see the advantage in this over using normal variables. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh "typeset -i" and Empty Parameters

I'm getting different behaviors for "typeset -i" on different systems. In one case unset parameters are 0, and in another case they're empty. Is one of these behaviors correct, or is the behavior here unspecified? First system: $ typeset -i x $ print $x 0 $ print ${.sh.version} Version M... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt Miller
13 Replies
shishi_realm_default_guess(3)					      shishi					     shishi_realm_default_guess(3)

NAME
shishi_realm_default_guess - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> char * shishi_realm_default_guess( void); ARGUMENTS
void DESCRIPTION
Guesses a realm based on getdomainname() (which really is NIS/YP domain, but if it is set it might be a good guess), or if it fails, based on gethostname(), or if it fails, the string "could-not-guess-default-realm". Note that the hostname is not trimmed off of the data returned by gethostname() to get the domain name and use that as the realm. RETURN VALUE
Returns guessed realm for host as a string that has to be deallocated with free() by the caller. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_realm_default_guess(3)