Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Character Sets
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Character Sets Post 302092468 by PradeepRed on Tuesday 10th of October 2006 06:39:24 AM
Old 10-10-2006
Yup

file command works fine. Smilie

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FILE SETS in unix

Hi all, Pls. let me know whether there is any concept called "FILE SETS" in unix? Because, I am using ETL tool DataStage which creates FILE SETS. While I am able to view the data of such a file set in the tool, the "cat" command on this FILESET lists only the Metadata and not the data content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_A
2 Replies

2. AIX

IP Security file sets

hello, we are implementing ip security on several of our aix 5.2-09 boxes and i am unable to locate the prerequisite file sets. does anyone know where i can find these? i have the original 5.2 cd's but these file sets are not on any of the cd's. Any thoughts or suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
3 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. Programming

How An Application Sets The Ip Options???

Hello Friends, I'm involved in test the UDP/IP source code. As you might be knowing, IPv4 provides several options: like Loose Source and Record Route (LSRR), Strict Source and Record Route (SSRR) etc. I wanted to test the above mentioned IP options. My strategy is to write a test application... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamirglb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

differentiating two sets

Hi Suppose i have a set of files like this set1 a.cpp@@main/5 b.cpp@@main/6 set 2 m.cpp@@main/51 n.hpp@@main/51 a.cpp@@main/15 b.cpp@@main/2 there may be files with same name in 2 sets. i need to list the files in set1 which have last numeric field less than the same file in... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

differentiating two sets for filenames????

set 1 ./abc@@/main/61 ./def.cpp@@/main/13 ./fgh.cpp@@/main/16 ./ijk.cpp@@/main/12 ./mln.cpp@@/main/9 ./uvw.cpp@@/main/30 set2 ./eww@@/main/61 ./def.cpp@@/main/13 ./xxx.cpp@@/main/26 ./kkk.cpp@@/main/72 ./qqq.cpp@@/main/19 ./fgh.cpp@@/main/16 I have two sets with filenames in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to translate character and font sets ?

Hi, below is an example of dialog script from the net, I would like to run from a command line in putty terminal opened session. The issue is some characters get replaced by dots. Could you advise me a solution to edit the following string into window character set accepted by putty ? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

8. Solaris

FSS and processor sets

I read somewhere which says """FSS can be assigned to processor sets, resulting in more sensitive control of priorities on a server than raw processor sets"" can any one tell me how we can assign FSS to processor set and how it works ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sets the remote server's name

Hi all, does any one have any idea on how to sets the remote server's name on ubuntu terminal tabs, without making any changes to the remote server? for example if i'm working on ssh root@test1 i would like it to be shown on the tittle's tab and if i connect on another it would do the same... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
7 Replies
big5(5) 							File Formats Manual							   big5(5)

NAME
big5 - A character encoding system (codeset) for Traditional Chinese DESCRIPTION
The big5 codeset is one of several codesets that support the Traditional Chinese language. This codeset includes the following character sets: ASCII Big-5 The big5 codeset uses a combination of single-byte data and two-byte data to represent ASCII characters, symbols, and Chinese ideographic characters. ASCII Characters All ASCII characters are represented in the form of single-byte, 7-bit data in the big5 codeset; that is, the most significant bit (MSB) of a byte that represents an ASCII character is always set off. For more information, see ascii(5). Big-5 Character Groups The Big-5 character set defines the following character groups: Special symbols (408) Level 1 characters (5401) Level 2 characters (7652) Level 1 user-defined space (785) Level 2 user-defined space (2983) Level 3 user-defined space (2041) Code Values for Big-5 Characters Each Big-5 character is represented by a two-byte code that compiles according to the Big-5 standard. The MSB of the first byte is always set on while that of the second byte can be on or off. Code ranges for characters in the different character groups are as follows: Special symbols: A140 to A3BF Level 1 characters: A440 to C67E Level 2 characters: C940 to F9D5 Level 1 user-defined space: FA40 to FEFE Level 2 user-defined space: 8E40 to A0FE Level 3 user-defined space: 8140 to 8DFE In this space, the valid code range for the first byte is 81 to FE, while that for the second byte is 40 to 7E and A1 to FE. Codeset Conversion The following codeset converter pairs are available for converting Traditional Chinese characters between big5 and other encoding formats. Refer to iconv_intro(5) for an introduction to codeset conversion. For more information about the other codeset for which big5 is the input or output, see the reference page specified in the list item. dechanyu_big5, big5_dechanyu Converting from and to DEC Hanyu: dechanyu(5) dechanzi_big5, big5_dechanzi Converting from and to DEC Hanzi: dechanzi(5) eucTW_big5, big5_eucTW Converting from and to Taiwanese Extended UNIX Code: eucTW(5) sbig5_big5, big5_sbig5 Converting from and to Shift Big-5: sbig5(5) telecode_big5, big5_telecode Converting from and to Telecode: telecode(5) UCS-2_big5, big5_UCS-2 Converting from and to UCS-2: Unicode(5) UCS-4_big5, big5_UCS-4 Converting from and to UCS-4: Unicode(5) UTF-8_big5, big5_UTF-8 Converting from and to UTF-8: Unicode(5) Note The big5 encoding format is identical to the encoding format used in PC code pages that support Traditional Chinese. Therefore, you can use codeset converters that convert between big5 and UCS-2, UCS-4, or UTF-8 to convert Traditional Chinese data between PC code-page and Uni- code encoding formats. Refer to code_page(5) for a discussion of how the operating system supports PC code pages. Fonts for Big-5 Characters The operating system supports Big-5 code by internally converting characters to DEC Hanyu. Therefore, DEC Hanyu fonts are used for Big-5 characters. Both display and printer fonts are provided for DEC Hanyu and these are listed in the dechanyu(5) reference page. For general information about printer support for and codeset conversion of Asian text, refer to i18n_printing(5). SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: ascii(5), Chinese(5), code_page(5), dechanyu(5), dechanzi(5), eucTW(5), GBK(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), l10n_intro(5), sbig5(5), telecode(5), Unicode(5) big5(5)