Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Listing the contents of a shared Unix library Post 302091765 by mickpoil on Thursday 5th of October 2006 04:53:07 AM
Old 10-05-2006
Listing the contents of a shared Unix library

I am brand new to Unix. This is probably simple, but how do you list the contents of a shared library? I need to see which functions exist in it.

Many thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

2. Programming

debugging a shared library (unix)

How can I debug a C++ program (unix) that uses a dinamycaly linked library (dlopen(), dlsym())? I mean I want to be able to go through the library code too. I used ddd, but it's not working. thanks in advance! nadia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. Programming

Shared memory in shared library

I need to create a shared library to access an in memory DB. The DB is not huge, but big enough to make it cumbersome to carry around in every single process using the shared library. Luckily, it is pretty static information, so I don't need to worry much about synchronizing the data between... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
12 Replies

5. Programming

Shared memory for shared library

I am writing a shared library in Linux (but compatible with other UNIXes) and I want to allow multiple instances to share a piece of memory -- 1 byte is enough. What's the "best" way to do this? I want to optimize for speed and portability. Obviously, I'll have to worry about mutual exclusion. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing contents

Hello guys, I am having a requirement, I am having three file m1,m2,m3 having some contents. I want to list last 20 lines of m1,m2 and m3 all together on the terminal. I used tail -20 m1 m2 m3, but it is showing error, tail: option used in invalid context -- 2 Can u help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

8. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies

9. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing contents of fields

I am often given log files at work in .csv format to work with, normally extracting various fields. I then have to figure out the number of each field so that I can extract that field with cut or awk. Normally I just manually count the fields, based on the field separator. I would like to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk99
3 Replies
libplot(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						     libplot(3LIB)

NAME
libplot, lib300, lib300s, lib4014, lib450, libvt0 - graphics interface libraries SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lplot [ library... ] #include <plot.h> DESCRIPTION
Functions in this library generate graphics output. INTERFACES
The shared object libplot.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See Intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. arc box circle closepl closevt cont erase label line linemod move openpl openvt point space FILES
/usr/lib/libplot.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libplot.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300s.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300s.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib4014.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib4014.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib450.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib450.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/libvt0.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libvt0.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), Intro(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Jun 2003 libplot(3LIB)