Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Edit Crontab
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Edit Crontab Post 302091015 by Glenn Arndt on Thursday 28th of September 2006 12:55:47 PM
Old 09-28-2006
See this thread: https://www.unix.com/answers-to-frequently-asked-questions/13527-cron-crontab.html

Provides a good overview of how cron works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab - Recommended way to edit?

What is the best way to modify the crontab file?? Edit the file and then use crontab 'filename' ??? I do not know how to use pico editor - so I cannot modify it this way, Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't edit crontab

I saw a post on here a while back describing how to edit a crontab file when I'm not able to edit it via crontab -e. Currently, if I try to do a crontab -e, it just comes back with: # crontab -e 7987 <and then it just hangs there FOREVER> If I do a crontab -l, it shows me all of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit crontab without -e

hi i need to change crontab settings as minute,hour,day of month,month year,day of week certain times. for that i need to go as crontab -e. i want to avoid that as its creating many problems in mysystem. so here i m planning/trying to write a script that will update the settings in crontab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Different edit crontab at Solaris..?

Hi.. At linux I can edit crontab with command $crontab -e BUT I don't know to edit crontab at Solaris because I tried with command $crontab -e I can't do that Can you help me...? Thanks for solution regards, srilinux (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilinux
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit the crontab file

Hi All, There are some cron jobs scheduled already by someone, now I have to make some changes to the schedule timings. Please advise me. thanks, Raju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to edit my crontab

Hi, I am new to Unix. I have written a script in Unix. I wanted to schedule this script in cronjobs which has to be run daily at 10AM. Already i have some cron jobs running on my unix server. In addition to these I have to edit the crontab. I know I have to execute the command "crontab -e" to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we edit crontab using a shell script

Hi, Can some one tell me if we can configure the jobs in crontab using a shell script. I know it can be done easily by using "crontab -e", but i just want to know whether we can add a job into the crontab using a shell script. If it can be done, plz suggest the procedure to do it. If it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudrarajumk
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error when trying to edit crontab

Hi Guys, I need to edit the crontab on one of my unix systems. When I execute crontab -e, nothing happens, then I get an error '666' and can't type anything else at the cli. I tried resizing the window, but still got the same error. I'm using the run user and I've checked the permissions on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to edit crontab file

Hi, I have a solaris 10 box. And I want to schedule a cronjob.But it gives the following error bash-3.2$ crontab -l crontab: can't open your crontab file. bash-3.2$ EDITOR=vi bash-3.2$ export EDITOR bash-3.2$ crontab -e crontab: can't open your crontab file. I checked in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't edit my Crontab

Hi, I m setting up my crontab for the very first time. I m a non-root user and this is linux $ export EDITOR=vi $ crontab -e no crontab for user1 - using an empty one crontab: installing new crontab "/tmp/crontab.uW0JNx":1: bad command errors in crontab file, can't install. Do you want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
KEP_RELOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     KEP_RELOAD(1)

NAME
kep_reload - Update Predict's Keplerian elements SYNOPSIS
kep_reload DESCRIPTION
KEP_RELOAD is a simple utility that forces an immediate reload of PREDICT's Keplerian database through a socket connection while PREDICT is running in server mode. It is especially useful in environments where PREDICT runs continuously, and periodic Keplerian element updates are made outside of PREDICT, such as through scripts run through a crontab. The "kepupdate" script found in this directory is an example of a Keplerian element update script that can be run on an automated basis through a crontab. It is designed to be placed in your home directory under a subdirectory called "cronjobs". It downloads Keplerian orbital data from www.celestrak.com using the HTTP protocol. (The "wget" utility, available from the Free Software Foundation, is required, and is included in many Linux distrubutions.) Type crontab -e to edit your crontab. Simply add the following entry: 0 8 * * * kepupdate and your orbital database will update each morning at 8:00 AM (provided you have a network connection at that time). See the crontab man page for more information on editing your crontab. AUTHOR
This man page was written by A. Maitland Bottoms, AA4HS, for Debian GNU/Linux. 31 August 2003 KEP_RELOAD(1)