Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SCP file transfer command on solaris Post 302090986 by systemsb on Thursday 28th of September 2006 10:19:34 AM
Old 09-28-2006
% scp /home/parthum1/* user2@machine:/home/parthum2

/home/parthum1/ - Source Directory
user2 - user name of the destination machine
machine - machine name or ip address of the machine
/home/parthum2 - destination directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp command for file transfer

I am not able to throw a file from server173 to server067 i.e. wlsuser@server173> scp /tmp/harsha.txt wlsuser@server067:/tmp fails However, I am able to pull a file from server173 onto server067's /tmp dir wlsuser@server067> scp wlsuser@server173:/tmp/harsha.txt /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP - File transfer message

Whenever I transfer file through SCP between two server it gives below given message.....Is there a way to avoid it.... Target server : newyork $ scp ABC27801.iue newyork:./iABC/x0017801.iue Message ===== This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection". (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem using scp to transfer a file

I am testing the following command to transfer a file from my server (AIX 5.2) to another server. I was able to generate the keys and sent them the public key. scp -v -P 4030 /home/lawson/.ssh/jimtest.txt someuser@some.ftpsite.net:/Inbound/jimtest.txt > jimtest_out.txt 2>&1 Based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial File Transfer using scp

I am trying to transfer a zip file of around 30 MB in my automation script using scp from system A to B. When I manually do scp, file is complete transferred but when automation shell script runs it, zip file is not completely transferred. Stack Trace while doing manual : Executing:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)