Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to remove CVS lock
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to remove CVS lock Post 302090017 by bache_gowda on Friday 22nd of September 2006 03:36:20 AM
Old 09-22-2006
How to remove CVS lock

Hi All,

CVS repository is setup on linux server and we are using wincvs to checkout/tag .. etc but we are getting below lock error so how to remove this lock and what is the reason for lock??

cvs rtag: [02:47:30] waiting for username's lock in /space/cvs/modulename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to lock keyboard without using lock command

how can I lock my keyboard while I'm away from the computer without using lock command. What other commands gives me the option to lock keyboard device? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianayun
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cvs Cr-lf

I've experienced a problem with CVS when I've checked out sh script. When new build was created sources were checked out from CVS under Windows. Later this build was deployed under Linux und I recieved error from shell becouse of CR-LF EOL in file. I've tryed command dos2unix and become script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
7 Replies

3. Solaris

lock users in cvs

dears is there any one know how to make any user readonly (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

4. Debian

What is CVS...?

Hi everyone... Could one of you kind Linux experts please let me know what CVS is In return I will kindly give you a thumbs up :b: a good trade I feel!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TonyChapman
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

CVS on redhat

Hi all, i am trying to set up a CVS server on linux and to remote access the repository using WinCVS. I am facing some problem and i am unsure whether is it the client or the server not set up properly. In my winCVS client, i clicked Admin ->login and i specify my CVSROOT to be ":... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Please look at this screen shot: How do I remove this lock icon?!

RESOLVED in the screen shot I'd like to remove the lock sandwiched between the spaces indicator and the monitor icon, how do I get rid of it? It locks the screen and I cannot remember how it came to be http://guptaxpn.com/tmp/lock_icon_screenshot.png Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to remove and recreate a lock file

Hi all, i have a small script to remove locks for the prevous day and create new lock for processing in the path on my server i have made something like this #!/bin/sh #lock_remover #script to remove regular lockfiles and hang curr_month=`date "+%b"` 2day=`date "+%_d"` cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: godie_b_w
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CVS Automation

Hi All, I am just looking for CVS automation for SQL scripts. Normally Devs will check in new sql scripts or they will update the existing sql scripts with new query. We will take the scripts from CVS and run in DB. I am thinking to automate that process like whenever a new script is checked in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies
GIT-CVSEXPORTCOMMIT(1)						    Git Manual						    GIT-CVSEXPORTCOMMIT(1)

NAME
git-cvsexportcommit - Export a single commit to a CVS checkout SYNOPSIS
git cvsexportcommit [-h] [-u] [-v] [-c] [-P] [-p] [-a] [-d cvsroot] [-w cvsworkdir] [-W] [-f] [-m msgprefix] [PARENTCOMMIT] COMMITID DESCRIPTION
Exports a commit from Git to a CVS checkout, making it easier to merge patches from a Git repository into a CVS repository. Specify the name of a CVS checkout using the -w switch or execute it from the root of the CVS working copy. In the latter case GIT_DIR must be defined. See examples below. It does its best to do the safe thing, it will check that the files are unchanged and up to date in the CVS checkout, and it will not autocommit by default. Supports file additions, removals, and commits that affect binary files. If the commit is a merge commit, you must tell git cvsexportcommit what parent the changeset should be done against. OPTIONS
-c Commit automatically if the patch applied cleanly. It will not commit if any hunks fail to apply or there were other problems. -p Be pedantic (paranoid) when applying patches. Invokes patch with --fuzz=0 -a Add authorship information. Adds Author line, and Committer (if different from Author) to the message. -d Set an alternative CVSROOT to use. This corresponds to the CVS -d parameter. Usually users will not want to set this, except if using CVS in an asymmetric fashion. -f Force the merge even if the files are not up to date. -P Force the parent commit, even if it is not a direct parent. -m Prepend the commit message with the provided prefix. Useful for patch series and the like. -u Update affected files from CVS repository before attempting export. -k Reverse CVS keyword expansion (e.g. $Revision: 1.2.3.4$ becomes $Revision$) in working CVS checkout before applying patch. -w Specify the location of the CVS checkout to use for the export. This option does not require GIT_DIR to be set before execution if the current directory is within a Git repository. The default is the value of cvsexportcommit.cvsdir. -W Tell cvsexportcommit that the current working directory is not only a Git checkout, but also the CVS checkout. Therefore, Git will reset the working directory to the parent commit before proceeding. -v Verbose. CONFIGURATION
cvsexportcommit.cvsdir The default location of the CVS checkout to use for the export. EXAMPLES
Merge one patch into CVS $ export GIT_DIR=~/project/.git $ cd ~/project_cvs_checkout $ git cvsexportcommit -v <commit-sha1> $ cvs commit -F .msg <files> Merge one patch into CVS (-c and -w options). The working directory is within the Git Repo $ git cvsexportcommit -v -c -w ~/project_cvs_checkout <commit-sha1> Merge pending patches into CVS automatically -- only if you really know what you are doing $ export GIT_DIR=~/project/.git $ cd ~/project_cvs_checkout $ git cherry cvshead myhead | sed -n 's/^+ //p' | xargs -l1 git cvsexportcommit -c -p -v GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-CVSEXPORTCOMMIT(1)