Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to get the server name using IP address Post 302088578 by Sona on Wednesday 13th of September 2006 10:04:04 AM
Old 09-13-2006
how to get the server name using IP address

Hi all,

what is the comamnd to get the server address using the IP address ?

Please help.

Thanks,
Sona.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Finding an x25 address for a server

I am trying to find the x25 address of a server. Presumably this is stored in some sort of config file - and while I can find the IP and OSI addresses - I cannot work out where to find the x25 address.....any ideas? (Unix on Solaris) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

3. Programming

Retrieving IP address of Client from Server

Hi All, When I connect to a unix server from a client machine, how can I get the IP address of the client? One way of retrieving IP address of client which initiates an active connection to the server is through /var/adm/utmpx file upon login; client's IP address and other info would have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the IP address in unix server

Hi, I want to know the IP of my Unix server in my script programming. Below are the my trial and i didn't find anything useful for me.because i want only IP. hostname -> Giving the name of the server and hostanme -i -> Giving the error message that..i am not super user. ipConfig ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balamani
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Getting IP address of a server

Hello, I have a server in C that is listening on a socket using s_addr = INADDR_ANY, and clients connect to it. How can I know which address did the client use to connect to that socket? It might be 127.0.0.1 (if the server is running locally), 192.168.x.x (if the client is from inside the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royger
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

[SOLVED] HP UX SERVER IP ADDRESS

I am moving an HP UX 9000 server to a new subnet. How do I change the server's IP address?? Many thanks in advance :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. AIX

From address of an email from AIX server

My application resides on an AIX server and sends out emails when a job is completed, and a report ready to be picked up. However the from address of the email seems to have our test server's name, instead of the production server. In reality the mail is coming from the production server only. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
5 Replies

9. Programming

IP address of a server at runtime

Hello, I developed a client task in C and a server task in C (an application strongly coupled). The client needs the server IP address to connect to the server. The problem is: I don't know in advance which machine will run the client and which machine will run the server so I can know the ip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ip address of Linux server

Hi, How to find ip address of Linux servers ? I know by ping command we can find ip address but wanted to check with you. Thanks, Maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
TGTD(8) 							  [FIXME: manual]							   TGTD(8)

NAME
tgtd - The SCSI Target Daemon SYNOPSIS
tgtd tgtd [-C --control-port <INTEGER>] [-d --debug <INTEGER>] [-f --foregound] [-h --help] [--iscsi <...>] DESCRIPTION
Tgtd is a SCSI Target daemon. It can be used to provide SCSI target service to a network. The most common service is iSCSI but other services are also supported. DEVICE TYPES
Tgtd provides support for both emulated and passthrough of real devices. Tgtd can emulate the following types of devices: disk : Normal disk device. Emulates a SCSI harddisk. tape : Tape device. Emulates a SCSI tape drive. cd : CD device. Emulates a SCSI DVD burner. changer : Media changer. Emulate the changer device for a virtual tape library or DVD jukebox. OPTIONS
-d --debug <INTEGER> Set to non-zero value to activate additional debugging messages to be logged. -f --foreground Run the daemon in the foreground. -h --help Print help text to the screen. -C --control-port <INTEGER> This comamnd is used to specify the control port to use for this instance of tgtd. This allows to run multiple instances of TGTD on a host. TGTADM has a matching argument to control which instance to connect to. --iscsi <...> ISCSI specific options. See the ISCSI section below for options specific to this frontend. ISCSI OPTIONS
These parameters apply only to the iSCSI frontend. portal=<ip-address[:port]> This option is used to bind tgtd to a specific ip-address/portal and/or port. By default tgtd will bind to port 3260 on the wildcard address. The ip-address part (before the ":") can be missing to designate the wildcard address with a none-default port. Example: to bind tgtd to a specific address and port tgtd --iscsi portal=192.0.2.1:3260 Example: to bind tgtd to any address but a none-default port tgtd --iscsi portal=:3251 SEE ALSO
tgtadm(8), tgt-admin(8), tgtimg(8), tgt-setup-lun(8). http://stgt.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
/LICENSE This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. [FIXME: source] 10/02/2010 TGTD(8)