Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with test condition in shell script Post 302088112 by pieman8080 on Friday 8th of September 2006 01:22:05 PM
Old 09-08-2006
thank u very much. i will try this and let u know the result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

test and if condition

Guys look at this: i have to write a script that takes a file as an argument. The script should be able to determine what permissions the owner, group and everybody has for the file passed in. The output should be displayed similar to this. READ WRITE EXECUTE OWNER LEE.BALLANCORE YES YES NO... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciroredz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition test

Hi there, When I try to do a condition on test: $ str1=abcd $ test $str1 $ echo $? 0 Is there anyway to display the answer to be 'TRUE' or 'YES'? rather than 0? If so, how can I do it without using awk or sed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test condition

Hello, what is the better and correct way to perform a comparison: I have been using the following with no problems: if ] then .... fi I have seen this also used : if then .... fi When I try : if then .... fi I get an error like .... the test condition expects a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

test condition

Hi there, I tried to search for this almost everywhere, but didnt get any proper information on it. What is the difference between ] Some of the code works when I have only single condition i.e. ] && $dothis1 || $dothis2 But if i try to include another testcondition to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the condition.

:) Hi, I want to script for this scenerio, OSR Settings Scenario : We are looking to find all the *.a files from the following locations in the filesystem of a server. OSR Directories /etc /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /var/adm These *.a files should have the permissions on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthilinux
12 Replies

6. AIX

if condition in AIX5.3-10 shell script

True if file exists and has been modified since it was last read. if then command else exit fi i am on AIX5.3-10. it does not understand -N any other way. i can use -ot (file1 is older than file2), but prefer -N if possible. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While condition in shell script

while do if ;then read driverName else driverName="" fi done can anyone please explain what exactly is happening on 1st line...is it like the conditions being ORed...I have no clue about this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
4 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)