Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with test condition in shell script Post 302088112 by pieman8080 on Friday 8th of September 2006 01:22:05 PM
Old 09-08-2006
thank u very much. i will try this and let u know the result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

test and if condition

Guys look at this: i have to write a script that takes a file as an argument. The script should be able to determine what permissions the owner, group and everybody has for the file passed in. The output should be displayed similar to this. READ WRITE EXECUTE OWNER LEE.BALLANCORE YES YES NO... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciroredz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition test

Hi there, When I try to do a condition on test: $ str1=abcd $ test $str1 $ echo $? 0 Is there anyway to display the answer to be 'TRUE' or 'YES'? rather than 0? If so, how can I do it without using awk or sed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test condition

Hello, what is the better and correct way to perform a comparison: I have been using the following with no problems: if ] then .... fi I have seen this also used : if then .... fi When I try : if then .... fi I get an error like .... the test condition expects a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

test condition

Hi there, I tried to search for this almost everywhere, but didnt get any proper information on it. What is the difference between ] Some of the code works when I have only single condition i.e. ] && $dothis1 || $dothis2 But if i try to include another testcondition to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the condition.

:) Hi, I want to script for this scenerio, OSR Settings Scenario : We are looking to find all the *.a files from the following locations in the filesystem of a server. OSR Directories /etc /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /var/adm These *.a files should have the permissions on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthilinux
12 Replies

6. AIX

if condition in AIX5.3-10 shell script

True if file exists and has been modified since it was last read. if then command else exit fi i am on AIX5.3-10. it does not understand -N any other way. i can use -ot (file1 is older than file2), but prefer -N if possible. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While condition in shell script

while do if ;then read driverName else driverName="" fi done can anyone please explain what exactly is happening on 1st line...is it like the conditions being ORed...I have no clue about this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
4 Replies
MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)													      MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)

mssql_free_result - Free result memory

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_free_result (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_free_result(3) only needs to be called if you are worried about using too much memory while your script is running. All result memory will automatically be freed when the script ends. You may call mssql_free_result(3) with the result identifier as an argument and the asso- ciated result memory will be freed. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being freed. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_free_result(3) example <?php // Select some data from a table $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]', $link); // Handle query result here // When we're done we free the result by calling // mssql_free_result like so: mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_free_statement(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)