Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add Multiple Lines in an existing file Post 302087670 by hkhan12 on Monday 4th of September 2006 10:17:17 PM
Old 09-04-2006
Add Multiple Lines in an existing file

Hi Unix Experts,

I like to add the following multiple lines in an existing file:

CHANNELS:
MaxChannels=600
MaxActiveChannels=600
MaxInitiators=22

I would be highly appreciated if somebody can shed some light on it.

Thank you in advance!!!

Khan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a new column in an existing file

Hi guys, Please help me if u have some solution. I have a file with three columns separated by ':' - INPUT_FILE C416722_2 : calin Dirigent : Dirigent AC4174_6 : Jac : cal_co TC4260_5 : [no : lin kite BC426302_1 : [no : calin Dirigent lin JC426540_3 : lin Pymo_bin : calin TC428_3 : no7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert text between lines of an existing file using perl

Hi , I need some inputs on how to open a file (file.txt) and parse the text example aaa of the file and bbb of the file and add the text zzzz once i parse (aaa and bbb) and followed by the remaining of the text as it is in the file using perl programming. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add line with data to existing file

i have a file called motors with 3 columns separated with tabs eg: car make reg i want to create a executable file that will add a line with data eg: car make reg benz s600 t35778 can you please show me how to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletcher
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to add a data column in existing file

Hi All I need to add a column on my existing data file. I know similar posts are there but none of them were meeting my requirement. My input is 1.20 3.44 4.88 5.11 4.99 3.22 1.89 3.89 2.90 Desired output 1 1.20 3.44 4.88 2 5.11 4.99 3.22 3 1.89 3.89 2.90 I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahbub03
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with add existing file name as new data column in new output file

Input File 1 cat S1.txt MI0043 2731 miR-1 Input File 2 cat S4.txt MI006 310 CiR-1 MI057 10 CiR-24 MI750 5 CiR-24 Desired Output File 1 cat S1.txt.out MI0043 2731 miR-1 S1.txt Desired Output File 2 cat S4.txt.out MI006 310 CiR-1 S4.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write data into existing '.xlsx' file that has multiple sheets

Hello, I have a .xlsx file with 11 worksheets and I need to insert the contents of a text file (tab delim, roughly 30 columns with 1000 rows) from Row 3 onwards on the 2nd sheet. I have my code which can insert values into existing sheet but I am unable to write/import the contents of a text... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write data into existing '.xlsx' file that has multiple sheets

Hello, I have a .xlsx file with 11 worksheets and I need to insert the contents of a text file (tab delim, roughly 30 columns with 1000 rows) from Row 3 onwards on the 2nd sheet. I have my code which can insert values into existing sheet but I am unable to write/import the contents of a text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies
scsimgr_eschgr(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual					 scsimgr_eschgr(7)

NAME
scsimgr_eschgr - SCSI class driver eschgr plug-in for scsimgr DESCRIPTION
The SCSI class driver plug-in for implements management and diagnostic operations specific to classes of devices bound to the driver. is the native HP-UX SCSI class driver that handles, by default, all library/changer devices. The plug-in handles the following operations for driver o Display and clear driver global statistics and the statistics it maintains on instances of LUNs bound to it, and on related LUN paths. o Display status and other information maintained by driver on LUNs bound to it. o Get, set and save driver global and per-lun instance attributes. Commands The user can explicitly send the following commands to driver plug-in by specifying the Clears statistics. Displays information on attributes. Displays status and other information. Displays statistics. Saves value of attributes in a persistent store. Set current values of attributes. Note: Refer to scsimgr(1M) for the syntax of the above commands. However, the only instances where it is necessary to explicitly send a command to the plug-in is when performing operations on objects global to driver global statistics, attributes or status information. In all the other cases, automatically invokes the plug-in to perform the driver specific part of the operation, when the operation applies to LUNs bound to driver or to their LUN paths. Attributes The following table lists driver specific attributes. For details on the concept of attribute refer to scsimgr(1M). Note: The following conventions are used: o RO is Read Only. o RW is Read Write. o uint32 is unsigned 32 bits integer. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Object Attribute Name RO/RW Type Description ---------------------------------------------------------------- Global version RO string Version of driver eschgr ---------------------------------------------------------------- LUN default_secs RW uint32 Timeout for all com- mands not referenced below. Default: 30 ---------------------------------------------------------------- move_secs RW uint32 Timeout for the move command. Default: 1200 ---------------------------------------------------------------- readelem_secs RW uint32 Timeout for the read element status command. Default: 600 ---------------------------------------------------------------- initelem_secs RW uint32 Timeout for the ini- tialize element status command. Default: 600 ---------------------------------------------------------------- readaddr_secs RW uint32 Timeout for modesense 0x1D command. Default: 600 ---------------------------------------------------------------- exchange_secs RW uint32 Timeout for the exchange command. Default: 600 ---------------------------------------------------------------- I/O Load Balancing and Multi-Pathing Policies The driver does not support load balancing and has minimal support for multi-pathing. When the device is first opened after a system boot, a path is chosen and will remain fixed. If the path fails, the next open will pick a new path. EXAMPLES
To display plug-in general help and supported commands: To get driver global statistics: To clear driver global statistics: To get driver global status information: To display information about driver global attributes: AUTHOR
SCSI class driver plug-in for was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
scsictl(1M), scsimgr(1M), autochanger(7), intro(7), scsi(7). scsimgr_eschgr(7)