Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal script
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Terminal script Post 302087492 by Hitori on Friday 1st of September 2006 11:43:27 AM
Old 09-01-2006
Why not to do this when you enter runlevel 5?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to unix through hyper terminal - as a dumb terminal

I just changed from windows NT to XP and I am no longer able to connect to my unix system. I used to use hyper terminal -- which acts as dumb terminal to my main frame unix system. I think one of the options used to be "direct to comX". This option isn't listed now. I use a serial port and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

I am trying to automate a SSH login using Keys using the following command ssh -i id_rsa usernamw@ipaddr. I am successful in doing this and i am getting the Warning Screen and I logon successfully. but when I am executing the command tail -1cf put.dat | ssh -i id_rsa username@ipaddr > get.dat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

3. Linux

run script through terminal

for all friends i am using linux enterprise 4. i installed oracle 10g in user name oracle.at the end of install i got a pop up window saying that u should run the following scripts(root.sh,orainstRoot.sh) in terminal from root account(cui) without log out oracle account . how i can run these... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiquep
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running terminal with script

suppose we have a file ab 81 and another file exec < $1 while read line do ssh root@172.16.1.$line done while running the command sh file.sh ab output display as shown Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. root@172.16.1.81's password: after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

terminal script stops after script command :(.

Hello, i am trying to write a script for terminal for my mac that i may drag into the terminal and will excute the following command: script -akq Desktop/TerminalLogin/Cisco1Bob.txt telnet x.x.x.x the problem is that when i drag the text file to the terminal window the script stops after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdread
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnuplot wxt terminal vs x11 terminal

Hi, I installed ubuntu recently on my pc. And I installed gnuplot as well. When I first started working with gnuplot it was working . I did a plot and when I wanted to fit my data something happened and not the default terminal of gnuplot is xwt! I changed it to: set terminal x11, but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in new terminal

Hi Guys, I have a script that runs certain simulations in batch mode. I need to schedule some simulations to run over night. For each simulation to complete it should be run in separate terminal. My script is as follows sh run_test.sh <arg1> <arg2> <arg3> ... I need to launch this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)	 Perl Programmers Reference Guide     CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource - add custom sources to CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
### elaborate help text CPAN Terminal> /? cs ### add a new custom source CPAN Terminal> /cs --add file:///path/to/releases ### list all your custom sources by CPAN Terminal> /cs --list ### display the contents of a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents 1 ### Update a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --update file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --update 1 ### Remove a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove 1 ### Write an index file for a custom source, to share ### with 3rd parties or remote users CPAN Terminal> /cs --write file:///path/to/releases ### Make sure to save your sources when adding/removing ### sources, so your changes are reflected in the cache: CPAN Terminal> x DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that can add custom sources to your CPANPLUS installation. This is a wrapper around the "custom module sources" code as outlined in "CUSTOM MODULE SOURCES" in CPANPLUS::Backend. This allows you to extend your index of available modules beyond what's available on "CPAN" with your own local distributions, or ones offered by third parties. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)