Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove content from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove content from file Post 302087310 by jambesh on Thursday 31st of August 2006 01:26:13 AM
Old 08-31-2006
you can do that if you redirect the out put to the same file , but here you will lose the original file information , i mean the same file will contain the todays log only previous log will be removed .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space from file content

i am a bit new to shell scripting i have a file containing xxxx xx xx but i want to output the content as xxxxxxxx. thus removing the space. any idea how i can do this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicate content and only keep the first content detail

Input data_10 SSA data_2 TYUE data_3 PEOCV data_6 SSAT data_21 SSA data_19 TYUEC data_14 TYUE data_15 SSA data_32 PEOCV . . Desired Output data_10 SSA data_2 TYUE data_3 PEOCV data_6 SSAT data_19 TYUEC (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove some content in a file

How can I remove all data that contain domain e.g zzgh@something.com, sdd@something.com.my and gg@something.my in one file? so that i only have data without the domain in the file. Here is the file structure "test.out" more test.out 1 zzztop@b.com 1 zzzulll 1 zzzullll@s.com.my ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicate content

Input file data_1 10 US data_1 2 US data_1 5 UK data_2 20 ENGLAND data_2 12 KOREA data_3 4 CHINA . . data_60 123 US data_60 23 UK data_60 45 US Desired output file data_1 10 US data_1 5 UK data_2 20 ENGLAND data_2 12 KOREA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the file content based on the Header of the file

Hi All, I want to remove the content based on the header information . Please find the example below. File1.txt Name|Last|First|Location|DepId|Depname|DepLoc naga|rr|tion|hyd|1|wer|opr Nava|ra|tin|gen|2|wera|opra I have to search for the DepId and remove the data from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove some content from a verilog file

Hi, I have a verilog file which looks like module xyz (x, y, z, a, b, c); input x; input y; input z; output a; output b; output c; initial begin ... end always ... ... endmodule (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matbrow
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the duplicate content in a file

Here is the contents of test.txt Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ChangeLog for: 1:perl-Archive-Extract-0.38-131.el6_4.x86_64, - Resolves: #915692 - CVE-2013-1667 (DoS in rehashing code) Dependencies Resolved Changes in packages about to be updated: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove same content from other file

Hi/ Hello all Guru here, I am trying to create script to remove same content from other file, already tested few idea and found that in unix it is limited to sort and uniq. There is many script for removing duplicate content however to delete all same content is non. Need your help and guide .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies
MMSEG(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  MMSEG(1)

NAME
mmseg - maximum matching segment Chinese text. SYNOPSIS
mmseg -d dict_file [option]... [corpus_file]... DESCRIPTION
mmseg is a tool for segmenting Chinese text into words using maximum matching algorithm. mmseg segments corpus_file, or standard input if no filename is specified, and write the segmented result to standard output. OPTIONS
-d dict_file Use dict_file as lexicon. A default lexicon can be found at /usr/share/sunpinyin-slm/dict.utf8. -f,--format (text|bin) Output Format, can be 'text' or 'bin'. default 'bin'. Normally, in text mode, word text are output, while in binary mode, binary short integer of the word-ids are written to stdout. -s, --stok STOK_ID Sentence token id. Default 10. It will be written to output in binary mode after every sentence. -i, --show-id Show Id info. Under text output format mode, attach id after known words. If under binary mode, print id(s) in text. -a, --ambiguious-id AMBI-ID Ambiguious means ABC => A BC or AB C. If specified (AMBI-ID != 0), The sequence ABC will not be segmented, in binary mode, the AMBI-ID is written out; in text mode, "<ambi>ABC</ambi>" will be output. Default is 0. NOTES
Under binary mode, consecutive id of 0 are merged into one 0. Under text mode, no space are inserted between unknown-words. AUTHOR
Originally written by Phill.Zhang <phill.zhang@sun.com>. Currently maintained by Kov.Chai <tchaikov@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
slmseg(1), ids2ngram (1). perl v5.14.2 2012-06-09 MMSEG(1)