Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic Menu Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic Menu Help Post 302087255 by ScottKe on Wednesday 30th of August 2006 04:14:27 PM
Old 08-30-2006
Question Dynamic Menu Help

I'm working on a menu to read folders in as menu selections then CD to the selected folder and display the contained files as menu selections for execution.

I'm using the following to read in the file list but I get lost after that.
I only read in files that begin with CAPs. The problem is when I quit from the file menu it doesn't re-display the top level folder menu and reset PS3.

Thanks!

#!/bin/ksh
#

PS3="Select System Type>"

select FILE in [A-Z]* QUIT
do
if [ -e $FILE ] ; then
cd $FILE

PS3="Select Test to Run>"
select TEST in [A-Z]* QUIT
do
if [ -e $TEST ] ; then
./$TEST
else
break
fi
done
else
break
fi
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic select with multiple word menu items

Hello all, I'm developing a deployment script at work and at one point it would need to display something like this: Which version of ADMIN would you like to deploy? 1) 1.0.0 (store1, 10 Jan 2004) 2) 1.0.1 (store1, 20 Jun 2004) 3) 1.0.2 (store1, 15 Jul 2004) Select a version : I know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: domivv
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic Select menu

Hi all is menu driven by SELECT can be a dynamic ? My requirement is that i want SELECT to be created on run time not predefine . The select should be created as per the no of words in a file thanks in advance rawat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values to reference variables for a dynamic menu driven script.

How do I assign values to reference variables? I am assigning a variable name to --> $user_var Then I am trying to change its underlying variable value by $((user_var))=$user_value .. its failing,, Please let me know if there is a way to do this dynamically.. FileA.props... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies

5. Web Development

Dynamic Drop Down Menu

I need to create a dynamic drop down menu which is populated by entries such as; htdocs/client1/index.php htdocs/client2/index.php htdocs/client3/index.php htdocs/client4/index.php etc. So htdocs/client*/index.php Is this possible? I know how to do this using normal arrays, but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a dynamic UNIX menu with input files

Hi! I am looking to build dynamic menu (named: lookup.sh) that reads a pipe delimited file for input. for example, contents of input.txt could be: user1|srv1 user3|srv1 user4|srv1 user2|srv2 I want the menu look like: 1) get password for user1 on srv1 2) get password for user3 on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
menu_mark(3X)															     menu_mark(3X)

NAME
menu_mark - get and set the menu mark string SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_menu_mark(MENU *menu, const char *mark); const char *menu_mark(const MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
In order to make menu selections visible on older terminals without highlighting or color capability, the menu library marks selected items in a menu with a prefix string. The function set_menu_mark sets the mark string for the given menu. Calling set_menu_mark with a null menu item will abolish the mark string. Note that changing the length of the mark string for a menu while the menu is posted is likely to produce unhelpful behavior. The default string is "-" (a dash). Calling set_menu_mark with a non-NULL menu argument will change this default. The function menu_mark returns the menu's mark string (or NULL if there is none). RETURN VALUE
The function menu_mark returns a pointer (which may be NULL). It does not set errno. The function set_menu_mark may return the following error codes: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_mark(3X)