Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp - no to all option?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp - no to all option? Post 302085620 by td_kuoj3 on Friday 18th of August 2006 12:07:23 PM
Old 08-18-2006
cp - no to all option?

Hi,

Is there a no to all option when copying a bunch of files? instead of pressing enter endlessly.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-h option

Hi what does the following mean in shell scripts (-h option) val contains a string. while (-h "$val") (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su option

We have started to us the su option on our production server. We log in with our own id and then su into a special id to perform various tasks. This allows our actions to be monitored. I need to know how to use the su option when doing an ftp between two servers. I noticed that when I log into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

3. Programming

cc option

my yacc output file y.tab.c is not compiling using cc y.tab.c -ly command .possibily option flag -ly is not correct.i m using red hat linux 9.please give solutions. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuldeep_bora
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

which is best searching option

Hi, I need one help for choosing best option among sed, perl and awk. I need to search and replace thousand files for a text and need to replace it. I am in confusion for choosing the option for best results. Because by using sed option its taking too much time for searching and replacing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

6. Programming

g++ and the -R option

hi everybody, can somebody tell me what -R option on g++ on solaris means : g++ -DAIX -fpic -static -o printps printps.o -L/epost2/blitz/xercesc1_1 /lib -L/oracle/OraHome/lib32/ L/epost2/blitz/lib -lxerces-c1_1 -lhmltods -lhmlt ops -lgeneric -lnotify -lutil -lclntsh `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can there be a better option?

Hello, I am still in the process of learning Shell Programming. The online manual, that I am referring to had following question: I made a script as follows: df --block-size=1GB | tr -s ' '| cut -d' ' -f2,5 | grep -v 1GB* | sort -k1,2n | tail -1 | cut -d' ' -f2 | cut -d '%' -f1 and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-f option and -rf in rm

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting and I'm trying to read some code I need to use. Could you help me out on what it's doing? I read this as.... if the directory has files then rm all the files in that directory. I'm not sure.... if ; then run "rm -rf ${TSP_FILEPATH_PLUGIN_DIR}"; fi run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)