Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running Shell Script from Java Post 302084931 by apoorvasharma80 on Monday 14th of August 2006 08:34:15 AM
Old 08-14-2006
use the java.lang.Runtime's exec() method.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Java Programm with a (korn)shell-script

hey everyone, For my studies i had to write a javaprogram which reads 2 integers from the keyboard and then using the basic operations(addition, division etc) with them. so far no problem. but now i gotta make a shell-script which: runs the program(compiled with javac) #!bin/ksh java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simlmf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script from java

Hello All, Hope all is well. I was trying to scratch my head here with simple problem of running Shell script in Java. I tried to google and look through forums but was unable to understand how to solve it. Here is my simple Java class, which resides in different directory then my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samshaw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

6. Programming

Script Shell in java code

Hello, This is my script shell: echo Mon premier script echo Liste des fichiers : ls -la exit 0 This is my code java: public class test { public static void main(String args) { try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("sh script1.sh"); } catch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code java in script shell

Hello; Is it possible to insert Java code in a shell script, if so how please? Thank you (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Programming

Script shell in java code

Hello, Please i want to insert this code in a java program because i need to call a java function inside the while: Please how can i do? thank you so much (9 Replies)
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Shell in java code

Hello, I try to run a script shell from a java program: but it runs only if i do :chmod 777 myShellScript in the terminal Please how can i insert chmod 777 in my java code without going through the terminal? Thank you (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Programming

Running java script from piped output

to run most other scripts through a pipe, something similar to the following is usually enough: cat script.sh | sh cat perl.pl | perl -- "<arguments" However, for javascript command line scripts, i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas? cat hull.js #!/usr/bin/js ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)						   Java wrappers						  JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)

NAME
java-wrappers - capacities shared by java wrapper scripts DESCRIPTION
Most Java programs are not run directly, but through small shell scripts that take care of various things, such as finding a suitable java environment and looking for libraries. To ease the task of the maintainers, they rely on a library providing runtime detection, library detection and other features. This manual page describes the common features of all those scripts, and to which point you can configure them. This is mainly done via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
java-wrappers understands some environment variables: JAVA_CMD The java command that will be run. If this variable is set, it disables all lookup for a java runtime. JAVA_BINDIR Specifies a directory that will be looked for a java or a jdb executable (depending on the setting of JAVA_DEBUGGER). It has prece- dence over JAVA_HOME but not over JAVA_CMD. JAVA_HOME A path to a java runtime. If this variable is set, all lookup for a java runtime is disabled, except that if no java executable is found in the path, the command java is used. JAVA_FLAVOR A probably more easy-to-use version of the JAVA_HOME variable: instead of specifying the full path of the java runtime, you name it. List of available flavors can be found in the file /usr/lib/java-wrappers/jvm-list.sh. See examples below. JAVA_DEBUGGER If this is set, the wrapper will try to pick up a java debugger rather than a java interpreter. This will fail if the jbd of the runtime found is a stub. JAVA_CLASSPATH Additional classpath, will have priority over the one found by the wrapper. JAVA_ARGS Additional arguments to the java command. They will come before all other arguments. FORCE_CLASSPATH If this variable is set, it will be the only classpath. You'd better know what you are doing. DEBUG_WRAPPER This is probably the most important variable; if it set, the wrapper will print out useful information as it goes by its business, such as which runtime it did find, and which command is run eventually. JAVA_JARPATH The path where the wrappers will go looking for jar archives. If not set, the wrapper will look into the default directory, /usr/share/java. Warning : the wrapper will not look anywhere else than in JAVA_JARPATH. Setting it incorrectly will most probably result in early crashes. EXAMPLES
The examples all rely on rasterizer(1), from the package libbatik-java, but they really apply to all scripts that use java-wrappers. Print out debugging information: DEBUG_WRAPPER=1 rasterizer Limit rasterizer's memory to 80 MB: JAVA_ARGS=-Xmx80m rasterizer Force rasterizer to run with kaffe(1): JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/kaffe rasterizer The same, but using JAVA_BINDIR: JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib/kaffe/bin rasterizer Force rasterizer to run with openjdk: JAVA_FLAVOR=openjdk rasterizer Debug rasterizer with Sun's debugger, while printing debugging information from the wrapper: DEBUG_WRAPPER=1 JAVA_CMD=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/jdb rasterizer BUGS
Care has been taken to make the wrappers bug-free. If that was not the case, please file a bug report against the java-wrappers package. If you wish to submit any problem with a java executable relying on java-wrappers, please also submit the output of the command run with DEBUG_WRAPPER=1. It will save one mail exchange and therefore potentially reduce the time it takes to fix the bug. DEVELOPERS
There is currently no documentation about writing a wrapper script save the comments in /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh. If you have to write one, we suggest you base yourself upon, for instance, the rasterizer wrapper script, or any other one (just pick up any direct reverse dependency of java-wrappers and look for scripts). SEE ALSO
java(1), jdb(1) /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh AUTHOR
java-wrappers and its documentation were written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> Version 0.1.16 2010-05-04 JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)