Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change to ksh shell
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change to ksh shell Post 302082881 by irasela on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 01:57:40 PM
Old 08-03-2006
Tks a lot!!

It worked like a charm

Have a great day Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh parameter --- change

I am reading a file into a parameter in my program typeset nums_type if the contents of nums_type = asdfghbqwerty how do make a new paremeter eqaul to the 7th character of nums_type. like ${type} = b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frank
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to change the permissions of ksh?

Suppose, I want to execute unix commands. For that I have to go to ksh, but if I don't have execute permission to ksh itself then is there any way to change the permission of ksh? chmod command does not work for this because, I don't have permission to ksh itself... :) Let me know, if you have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponnuvel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change the default shell from bash to ksh

Currently my default shell is bash.How can i change itto ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to change passwd

Hello All, I am trying to change a user passwd (one time password): cat /tmp/passwd mnop1234 mnop1234 #passwd abcd < /tmp/passwd (for some reason, it is not able to input the password from /tmp/passwd and comes back with "New Password: ") Is there a work around except using "expect". ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh behavior change on RHEL5

I recently patched a RHEL5 host from 5.2 to 5.5. There are some scripts that simply do a ps and grep to check for itself before proceeding. I personally don't like the way the scripts are written and would have done it differently. Before I can proceed with patching the production servers, I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwhitehd
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change output format using ksh

I have a script that reaches out to several systems and pulls back infomation in serveral files. I would like to take the infomation returned and reformat it so I can export it to excel. Below is current output: File1:item1:abc=1 File1:item2:efg File2:item1:ab=1 File2:item2:efg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with KSH Shell Script

From a shell script I'm trying to remove the first two files of whats returned from the head -2 command so I tried piping it to xargs rm -f but I can't get it to work. How do I remove the files from the head command? ls -al *clit* *servr* |sort -t_ -nk2 | head -2 |xargs rm -f (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ".." to change directories in a ksh script

I have an issue driving me bonkers. I have a ksh script that requires changing directories. If a argument "TEST" is passed in, this is a regression test execution of the script (as opposed to production execution). I have a directory entitled "TEST" that is located three directory locations ABOVE... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe cipale
14 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)