Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk usage (df vs du)
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users disk usage (df vs du) Post 302082821 by blowtorch on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 06:09:15 AM
Old 08-03-2006
Is there just one mount point that has the word "users" as part of the filename?
Check the output for my system:
Code:
# cd /netbackup
# df -k |grep netbackup
/dev/vx/dsk/sysdg/netbackup 1536000 1439224   96080    94%    /netbackup
# du -sk .
1422240 .

The difference is 1439224 - 1422240 = 16984 (and this is in KB). You should not be getting difference of 50GB or so... can you post the actual outputs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk usage

what are the ways to check the disc usage by users. I mean to say how to find the biggest space consumer. Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Usage

Im using solaris 8 on a Sunfire 280r. Is there a command to show you how much disk space is being used in gigabytes or megabytes. I dont think theres an option for this using the df command. not for solaris anyway. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisoco
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk usage

how to i find out the disk usage on a server. say in windows examples its like C:/ D:/ and checking out the disk space. how can i find in Unix. can i just use df -k or should i go to each volume group and find that way. plz respond (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage

Hi, I want to retrieve the directory in the shell script that is using maximum space on the disk.I was using du command but it displays all the directories that are using the space on the disk.How can retrieve the only directory which uses the maximum space on the disk?? Thanks in advance. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk usage

fdisk -l shows me the total disk size. How can I see, how much disk space is free or available? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk usage

Hi If the disk space is running low in the home directories, and I cannot add more disk space at the moment. How can I determine who is using the most disk space? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

8. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Usage

Hi, I have always felt problems using commands to check disk usage, or I should say I might not be using the commands properly. dfspace and free are 2 most frequent command that I use, but the data that it echoes is not comprehandable atleast to me.:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TH3M0Nk
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk usage monitoring and record the disk used in last 24 hour

HI I am Trying to edit the below code to send email every day with difference of disk utilized in for last 24 hours but instead getting same usage everyday. can you please help me to point out where my calculation is going wrong. Thank you. ================= #!/bin/bash TODAY="at $(date... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
0 Replies
mount_pcfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_pcfs(1M)

NAME
mount_pcfs - mount pcfs file systems SYNOPSIS
mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special | mount_point mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special mount_point DESCRIPTION
mount attaches an MS-DOS file system (pcfs) to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount will search /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the FSType-specific_options; see mount(1M) for more details. The special argument can be one of two special device file types: o A floppy disk, such as /dev/diskette0 or /dev/diskette1. o A DOS logical drive on a hard disk expressed as device-name:logical-drive , where device-name specifies the special block device-file for the whole disk and logical-drive is either a drive letter (c through z) or a drive number (1 through 24). Examples are /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:c and /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:1. The special device file type must have a formatted MS-DOS file system with either a 12-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit File Allocation Table. OPTIONS
generic_options See mount(1M) for the list of supported options. -o Specify pcfs file system specific options. The following options are supported: foldcase|nofoldcase Force uppercase characters in filenames to lowercase when reading them from the filesystem. This is for compatibility with the pre- vious behavior of pcfs. The default is nofoldcase. FILES
/etc/mnttab table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), pcfs(7FS) NOTES
If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_pcfs(1M)