Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find files older than a given file Post 302081246 by tayyabq8 on Monday 24th of July 2006 05:40:49 AM
Old 07-24-2006
Try:
Code:
find . ! -newer aaa -print | sed -e 's_^./__'

where" __ " is double underscore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

only find files older than x minutes old

I am looking for a way to show files that have been created within a certain period (say anything older than 10 minutes or so). Is there a command/series of commands I can do this with? As an example, I have the following in a directory: -rw-r--r-- 1 owner group 70175 May 16 09:10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find files older than 4hours in HP-UX

Hi, I want to find the files older than 4 hours and remove them in HP-UX 11.23. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, GK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprikar
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Find files older than x days and create a consolidated single tar file.

Hello, I need help in finding files older than x days and creating a single consolidated tar file combining them. Can anyone please provide me a script? Thanks, Dawn (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dawn Bosch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 8 hours

I need a script to find files older than 8 hours... I know i can use mmin but the same is not working...the same only support mtime... This is the script i created..but the same is only giving 1 hour old..as I have given dt_H as 1 only...but if i give 8..it can go in -(negative)..how to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 2010?

Hi, I need to delete all files, in a folder, older than 2010 that is 2009, 2008 ,.. files... Can anyone suggest the command for that,... Thanks ---------- Post updated at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:53 PM ---------- humm,.. ok right now I am using the following:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than X with a weird file format

I have an issue with a korn shell script that I am writing. The script parses through a configuration file which lists a heap of path/directories for some files which need to be FTP'd. Now the script needs to check whether there are any files which have not been processed and are X minutes old. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickAAA
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find older files than specified date

Hi, I need to find out list of files which are older than specific date. I am using 'find, and newer' commands but its not giving the correct result. Can you please help to findout the list of files. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them

Hi All, Problem Statement:Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them. Find all zip files older than 3days and remove them. Also this has to be set under cron. I have a concerns here find . -mtime +2 -iname "*.log" -exec gzip {} Not sure if this will work as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh.mishra
4 Replies
CURSES_UNDERSCORE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				      CURSES_UNDERSCORE(3)

NAME
curses_underscore, underscore, underend, wunderscore, wunderend -- curses underscore attribute manipulation routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int underscore(void); int underend(void); int wunderscore(void); int wunderend(void); DESCRIPTION
These functions manipulate the underscore attribute on stdscr or on the specified window. The underscore() function turns on the underscore attribute on stdscr. The underend() function turns off the underscore attribute on stdscr. The wunderscore() and wunderend() functions are equivalent to underscore() and underend(), respectively, excepting that the attribute is manipulated on the window specified by win. The underscore() and underend() functions are equivalent to wattron(A_UNDERLINE) and wattroff(A_UNDERLINE), respectively. RETURN VALUES
These functions always return 1. SEE ALSO
curses_attributes(3), curses_standout(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
These functions first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. BSD
October 13, 2002 BSD